Urgent- found orange liquid from rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnymama99

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

so this night I woke up two of my buns out of the cage. Somehow they managed to get out of the cage and decided to tip over my trash can when I was asleep!!I woke up too a full banana peel gone (it wasn’t even ripe), some tissue missing and with whatever in there chewed! I then proceeded to see this orange/pink color in their urine in the cage on the bedding. Before I fell asleep and even this entire day they were not peeing like that or the liquid wasn’t anywhere.. I checked their blanket too in my room and it had bright orange almost liquid on it as well????? Is this normal or should I be worried? I’m panicking right now because I’m scared of what they are or if they ate too much of it nor am I sure I had any other food in the trash can possibly? Is this normal for rabbits to be urinating. I also checked all over them to see maybe if they got hurt or got in something that was dyed but no :( I don’t know what to do or when they know they’ll be for sure okay past a certain amount of time. They are around 4-5 months old & so far they’re still acting the same..I fell asleep around 11pm and woke up around 3:45am..enough time for them to be out of the cage and in the trash. :( The only snack they had today was a organic strawberry they both shared and only had a little. Earlier in the week I think it was carrots/celery besides their spinach intake (they didn’t have any today only some parsley a little this morning too) throughout the day their poo was fine, still is & the pee was fine and normally yellow up until now and time being of them being out of the cage.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Plant pigments in veggies and fruit can alter a rabbits urine color. Usually orangish to orangish brown pee is the result. If it were blood it would usually be bright red, reddish/pink, or there will be streaks or spots of blood in the urine spot.
https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Urine
If you are seeing bright red urine or streaks of blood in the urine, your rabbits are showing other signs that could indicate a urinary problem like straining to urinate or dribbling urine causing a urine soaked bottom, or they are showing signs of pain such as lack of appetite, lethargy, staying in a hunched position and not wanting to move, and/or tooth grinding, then you will need to phone your vet right away. Or if you aren't sure if there's a problem or have any concerns, it's always best to consult with a knowledgeable rabbit vet.
https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/

Latest posts

Back