URGENT - feeding and care of orphaned shelter rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chii

Reaction score
Hello!

I am writing from Latvia, Europe. We don't have any rabbit rescuers here unfortunately and I really need you advice for caring of orphaned baby rabbits.

There are 6 baby rabbits, 9-12 days old, that were brought to the cat&dog shelter today. One is really weak and small.

We are planning to feed them with royal canine kitten milk replacement formula. In House Rabbit Society we found dosage guidelines, but it is still unclear how to prepare the formula for rabbit need?

#1 - Can we use royal canin babycat milk? If no, what can be an alternative solution?
#2 - What is the proportion between formula and water? What is the right way to prepare formula?
#3 - Should we add some milk to formula, such as goat milk? If yes, how much?
#4 - Some resources state, that it's necessary to add Acidophilus. We have Bio Lapis for Rabbits. Can this probiotic be added to formula? If yes, how much?
#5 - If rabbits or their bottoms are unclean, should we clean them? If yes, how should it be done?
#6 - How often should we feed the babies?
#7 - Are the following measures correct?
For 2 week old rabbits: 26-30 cc of formula, divided between 2 feeding times
For 3 and 4 week old rabbits: 30 cc of formula, divided between 2 feeding times

Thank you in advance!

That link should have most of the info you need.

The bio lapis should be fine to use as the probiotic. I'm not sure how much you would mix into the milk formula though. Maybe 1/8 - 1/4 of a sachet per day. You may just have to make a guess.

Latest posts

Back