Urgent:Cottontail Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnylova4eva

Reaction score
Just got cottontail bunnies from somebody who removed them from their garden. It's a long story, but I told them I would like to try to care for and release them (yes, I know all about not removing bunnies and bunnies not actually being orphaned when people think they are.)

I successfully rehabbed a litter last spring so I'm excited to try again. However, it's late and all the stores that cary KMR (dry kitten milk replacer) are closed. Anything I can feed them over night/early tomorrow until I can get KMR? I have Critical Care but don't know if they are too young (I think are 3ish weeks; almost ready to be released). I believe they were brought in early this afternoon (like noon) so it's probably been a long time (over 12 hours since they've eaten.)
Thanks!

See if they will eat grass hay, or even fresh grass since it's probably something they are used to, so it shouldn't cause digestive upset. If you feel they still need milk, you could substitute goats milk til you can get the other one. Here's a good site for care instructions for cottontails. If they seem dehydrated, it may be good to give them a little unflavored pedialyte electrolytes first.

http://www.2ndchance.info/bunnies.htm

Latest posts

Back