Urgent! Bunny ate an Altoid Mint!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatsAndRabbits0440

Reaction score
(Reposted [not in the same subforum] in this one and the health one)

Hi guys, this is my first post but it’s urgent and I’m freaking out!
There was a mint on my nightstand, an Altoid in particular, and I remember earlier today that he was messing around up there and knocking stuff down even though he could barely reach it.

Anyways, I just remember like tonight that I had one there and of course, it’s not there anymore!
I feel so bad! He had some strawberry tops, a Brussels sprout, some Cilantro and a couple pieces of romaine lettuce just a few minutes ago and he had no issues, like normal.

He also had his hay his pellets although I don’t know if I’m supposed to give him pellets in this sort of situation, as I’ve heard otherwise.
Im scared. Is he going to be okay, or is this a vet/emergency vet type of situation? I think his stomach is making noises right now, which it usually does when he’s drinking water except right now he’s just laying down. ;(

I'm no expert on this, it's good he's eating and hopefully pooping fine and behaving his natural self. I can only recommend giving your vet a ring and having a chat about it sooner rather than later; you never know, just to be on the safe side. Keep me updated on how it goes! best wishes and got my fingers crossed for you!

Make sure that he is eating and drinking. Offer lots of hay and fresh water. When your feeding his veggies later, soak them in a little water so that he has water. Check up on him continuously (every hour or so), making sure he’s still eating, drinking and pooping. If he has gas give him belly messages. If he stops eating, then you should get him to a vet. But he should be okay as long as he’s still eating, drinking and pooping.

Thank you guys so much!

He’s alright, but now he tried a few bites of a Hall’s menthol cough drop! The little rascal. I don’t think it was enough to make him sick, but he seems to pull these things out of no where!

And he had pellets/ hay too, I guess it wasn’t good enough and he wanted some Menthol breath!

I was freaked out that night for sure, and I set multiple alarms in the middle of the night and also had trouble sleeping, and tonight will probably be a repeat of that!

Thanks for the video, also! I’ll keep that in mind, but I’m not hearing any bad sounds from him or his stomach recently. I promise I’m a good bunny owner! (And a cautious one, too!)

He must just be trying to make me look bad... and Also give me a heart attack!!!!

Thank you guys so much!

He’s alright, but now he tried a few bites of a Hall’s menthol cough drop! The little rascal. I don’t think it was enough to make him sick, but he seems to pull these things out of no where!

And he had pellets/ hay too, I guess it wasn’t good enough and he wanted some Menthol breath!

I was freaked out that night for sure, and I set multiple alarms in the middle of the night and also had trouble sleeping, and tonight will probably be a repeat of that!

Thanks for the video, also! I’ll keep that in mind, but I’m not hearing any bad sounds from him or his stomach recently. I promise I’m a good bunny owner! (And a cautious one, too!)

He must just be trying to make me look bad... and Also give me a heart attack!!!!

Haha, bunnies can just be like that sometimes. And no I don’t think your a bad owner at all! These rabbits just love to be little rascals! Apollo is 85% evil and 15% sweet!

Latest posts

Back