Update: Wiggles' Surgery

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsBinky

Reaction score
[align=center]I decided to start a new thread to make it easier for people to read since the other was getting pretty long.[/align]
[align=center]I just called the vet and the receptionist said that the surgery went really well. She was already awake. Thank God! For me that is a really good sign. Anyway, she didn't have all the details but she says that it seemed she had a severe uterine infection. It didn't seem like cancer. Like I said though, Iwill need to talk more to the vet to get the whole story but she made it through surgery and she is awake. I cried from relief, I was sooooooooooooo scared. [/align]
[align=center]Thank you again everyone. I'll update you when I get a better explanation tomorrow. They will re-evaluate her and decide if she can come home tomorrow. Should I do something in particular to get ready for her arrival? Is there something in particular I should have on hand? [/align]
[align=center]Thank yooooooooooooooooooou.[/align]
[align=center]Lots of love from Wiggles and I.[/align]

:hugsquish::woohooShe made it! Woot woot!! So happy for you and her!! I dont know about what you should have on hand - but I just had to let you know how happy I was that she made it!

Thank you both so much. I am so so relieved! Plus she is spayed now :DI doubt something will go wrong now. Never know, but I am very optimistic right now. :)

That's great news! I was reading the thread last night and the first thing I did when I woke up was to check it this morning.What a terrible night! Keep us posted.

Awesome news!...i can just imagine how happy you must be feeling

I'm sending Wiggles lots of healing vibes

cheryl

That's great news. I was in tears reading your post from last night. I could sense the helplessness you were feeling and I felt so bad for you, and for Wiggles.

Thank God she's going to be okay now.

Praying for a full and speedy recovery.

Laura

:dancingorig::party::groupparty::kiss::woohoo:hug1:thumbup:toastingbuns:party0002::big kiss::pet:

i am so happy, i was on the edge of my seat reading the previous post hoping all was going to be ok. can you tell i am ssssooo happy for you.:big kiss:

I just want to say, that I read all the posts about Wiggles (cute name btw) and I didn't know enough about the issue to respond.

BUT now I feel I can say this because I know it's true:

You are an amazingperson,and it is so touching to see how much you cared and how much energy you put into getting this little sweetie better. Any animal, or person for that matter, is lucky to be in your care:)

I really wanted to say that. Keep up the good work with your girly, I hope she has a speedy recovery

Julia

Thank you all so much. I hadn't realized so many people had been folowing the thread so closely!

I started crying tears of joy because while trying to give Bam-Bam a treat, he escaped his cage and ran straight to the carrier that Wiggles had been in. He was running around and scratching at it like a madman looking for her and I was able to tell him that she'd be home soon.

Sorry but I am an emotional mess lol. Yesterday was way too close for me. I had taken pics and I will post them to show you what she looked like (though some are blurry).

Oh my goodness, you must be sooooo relieved! Thank God it went well, I'm so glad.

You are a terrific bunny mom and you should be so proud of yourself for all you did for her.:hug:

[align=center]Here are the pics I took last night. Not that I wanted to cherish the memory of her being sick but I didn't know if they'd be the last I'd have... I will be taking pics throughout her recovery and putting them in my blog. [/align]
[align=center]When I first picked her up and snuggled her in the blanket:[/align]
[align=center]
033-2.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]When she started getting weaker:[/align]
[align=center]
027-2.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]This is when I thought she was slipping out of consciousness and I started getting frantic:[/align]
[align=center]
030-1.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]I even brought my camera just in case the vet told me she looked fine and I was overreacting. Lol. [/align]

I am just thrilled beyond belief that she made it through everything last night and today. I definitely think you and your vet made the right decisiontoday on the spay.

Shes a strong girl and I hope she has a speedy and easy recovery. She (and you) both deserve it after everything you went through.

Please keep us posted and let us know what your vet has to say about what he found. It definitely helps us to expand our knowledge of info for thenext time we have another member in trouble.

Seriously, great work. Shes a beautiful girl and I hope to see lots more pics of her as she recovers.

I'm so happy she made it through ok (so far) and I'm sending my prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Peg

I've been following your threads over the past day and a half, and just wanted to say that you've clearly given Wiggles much love and have done an outstanding job in caring for her; also that she has a tremendously strong will to live. I think you've been helping each other get through this.

You both are in my thoughts, and I do pray for continued good news for your girl.

Nosebumps and bunny kisses from Nibbles, and a few hugs from me.

well done, am absolutely thrilled with your update news. You must have a very strong bun and combined with your efforts to care for her, she has made it so far!!

Very happy for you,
Kind thoughts your way...

Lemon ;)

Oh my...I just read the entire post about Wiggles being sick, and now this one where she's had her surgery. Both of you have been through so much! I'm so happy to read that she made it through surgery; prayers going out that her recovery time is fast and she will soon be up and playing with her buddy once again.

And many hugs to you for being such a superior bunny mom! I believe you definitely made the difference between life and death with Wiggles...you are definitely her guardian angel....:hug1

Latest posts

Back