Update to bonding bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 35607

Reaction score
I was in here earlier asking questions about two rabbits we were trying to bond - we already had the girl and went through the adoption process from the House Rabbit Society so we were attempting to match her up with a boy.

The first boy we really liked but he was just too rough with her. We had him for four weeks and after taking a chunk out of her back we had to return him.

The second boy wasn't working out real well either - he seemed to like her but she didn't like him. There was nipping and a little fighting. After five weeks they got in a fight and he drew blood. We decided to return him too. But we couldn't take him back until Saturday so we just kept them in their separate enclosures without any dates. But suddenly we noticed they were mimicking each other which they never did before. We waited a couple days and figured we might as well try one more time since he wasn't going back for a couple days.

Boom. A couple dates later and they're bonded. I don't know how it happened but they are doing great. She is so incredibly happy and way more outgoing now. He doesn't seem to like us too much but all I care about is that he likes her which he does a lot. She is the alpha (the previous boy we had was the alpha) and they are doing wonderful. We kind of laugh because she takes her treats and eats them like a pig whereas he gently takes his treats and eats them like a proper English gentleman, which means he takes his time and she grabs his from him when she's done with hers but we're working on that. But they're doing wonderful.

IMG_1292.JPG

I’m so glad this worked out! I’ve been thinking about you and how stressful it must have been in the beginning there. And there I was all excited about my success. This is great news! It seems like it ended up working out a bit easier than we both expected. Hopefully neither of us has to go back to bonding videos ever again 😅

Sooo glad the bonding worked out… at the beginning of your post I was quite anxious. But towards the end, much relief for you and especially your little girl! xx my emotions was like: 😮😳🫣😉😌🥰

Latest posts

Back