Update on haru’s surgery

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
Hello guys, a few months ago I posted a thread talking about haru’s surgery, the vet started the surgery, called me, and told me that she doesn’t have a uterus!!. After less than a week she ate her stitches and they sedated her to restitch her, it took her almost a month to heal, and a few months to mentally heal. She’s better now, and we stopped using the cage, so she’s 100% free roaming 🎉🎉
I took her to another vet, he did ultrasound on her, and he said that she has a big scar tissue over the uterus, but he can see a little bit from the side, soooo she does have a uterus 🤡 I’m so mad at myself for taking her to the previous vet. Asked the vet if he could do the surgery and if the sedative would affect her since she was sedated twice before, he said that it’s better to not reopen her belly due to the scar tissue.. and now she cannot get spayed. I got worried about her getting cancer, but today someone told me that if she got pregnant it would reduce the possibility of her getting cancer or other uterus disease, is that correct? And if so, will she be able to get pregnant with the scar on her belly?
also, her birthday is after tomorrow🎉🎉

Happy Birthday Haru!!

I'm not sure the cancer risk is so certain anymore. @Preitler was saying the other day in a different thread how that 80% cancer increase in unspayed rabbits may have been more of an ad campaign in the US in favor of spaying. He may be able to add in some more about that!

(I don't know anything about breeding, sorry!)

Latest posts

Back