Upcoming litter...and breeding woes...eventual question. lol

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendymac

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Cher never had a litter. It's really unfortunate, because she's a year (and a month) old, and has never had a litter. I'm going to try again, but it's not looking good.

Rosa is due on the 11th. If she didn't catch, it wasn't because of her. She definitely wanted bred. haha Not really excited about this litter, though. She has the horrible attitude (although much improved), but I'm hoping Sonny's super sweet disposition will come out on the kits. She'll be for sale once the litter (if there is one) is weaned.

Adeline is due on the 26th. I wasn't going to breed her, but decided to see how she crossed with Sonny. I had tried Spaz, but that was a disaster. I'll probably sell her, once her babies are weaned, too. She seriously lacks in the shoulder, and doesn't have the body mass that's needed. Which is too bad, because she's a easy to get bred and is a super mom.

Kitty's 3 Cals were all bred. Now it's just crossing fingers until we see if they deliver. They need to have caught, because it'll be too late to re-breed for the Fair if they haven't.

While we wanted to show Maxine and Trisha (our juniors) the entire year, it won't be possible. They'll both need to be bred after August. At least, by then, Kitty will see how Agent Gibbs develops, and maybe breed her to him. If not, we'll breed to our Al's Cals buck.

For Maxine, I'm going to see if I can get the breeder that traded me babies will breed her, for either a stud fee or a baby. If not, my second choice would be Spaz. And, since I'm pretty sure of the outcome there (**** that buck!), she'll be bred to Sonny.

Rosa didn't take the first time I bred her (to Kitty's Cal buck, since we didn't have a Flop to breed her to). I just hope she took this time, because she's a year old now, too.

Cher...although she's over a year, I hope I can get her bred. The problem now, though, is I don't have a buck. The only buck I have that will breed happens to be her brother. Would it hurt, just once, to breed that closely??

Do both have good traits. Because if they don't, that trait will be magnified due to brother/sister

But if they both seem good (condition, crown, ears, teeth), one time won't hurt. I'd do it because you don't want Cher to get too much older for that first time pregnancy.

K:)

Personally, I don't breed siblings. If they only shared one parent then I might be more willing to do it. If it's a choice between that and not being able to breed her at all, though, I might do it...depends on how nice the doe is.She's over 12 months without having a litter so you're on the clock to get her bred. Keep in mind that any recessive traits will probably become dominant in the litter - good or bad.

The only fault (that I can see, anyway) is that Sonny could use a bit more depth. But Cher is just so overly massive, that she might balance it out? It's either that or I have to breed a "junk" litter, crossing her with Kit's Cal buck. I really, really, really hate the thought of breeding garbage, but also don't want to wait too long and have her not be able to get pregnant.

Vicki, this doe is really, really nice. Gorgeous head/crown/ears, very deep, super hindquarters. She can no longer be shown, because her ears apparently had gotten frostbitten (at the place where I bought her, not mine!). The ends have the tips missing now. :( She is a HUGE bodied doe, excellent bone, and a sweet disposition.

cher_side.jpg

cher.jpg

531180_3875184003822_1405356771_3491351_1152899104_n.jpg

I'd go for it! Don't need "junk" bunnies from that sweet girl. Stick to your Mini Lop program. Breed her to her brother so you don't loose this girl and she becomes "junk".

K:)

She looks like she might be overweight, I would cut back on her food, that might help with her fertility issues.

Lol frenchies always look fat. She looks real solid maybe a touch long in the shoulders but awesome width. Oh and remember you can show does until 2weeks into their pregnancy. My breeder lady says its actually a really good prime time for them. If everything seemed fine with their growing up and no names are matching in the pedigrees i would go ahead and do it. Good luck wendy!

She's definitely not fat...she's a solid girl. And she hardly eats anything as it is. About 1/4 cup of pellets, handful of hay, and water.

Her shoulder looks long because she's just sitting there, not posed. LOL Look where her front foot is, hanging ten out by her nose. :)

Well, tomorrow morning I'm going to try breeding her to Sonny...then see what I get in 31 days. *crosses fingers*

Thanks, guys!

I can't. I have severe Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in both hands. I can barely feel steaming hot water, much less little grapes in a doe's belly. :(

I am sure a french lop would be hard to palpate. I have a hard time with some of my tans even lol

I am sure a french lop would be hard to palpate. I have a hard time with some of my tans even lol

Latest posts

Back