Unwanted Pregnancies, Please Help!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LopsAreGreat

Reaction score
This morning I found two does and a buck out. Bear (the buck) is almost 4 months old. His sister, Faline got out as well and is the same age. Bear’s aunt also got out. What do you think? Are they pregnant? I hope NOT! I’m hoping and hoping and hoping they are not pregnant. Have you guys had an experience like this? Anything helps. Thanks.

Might be a close call. How big are they (breed)? My 10lbs rabbits are not mature at 4 months, but just barely. I seperate at 12-14 weeks, which could be too late for smaller breeds.

This year my bucklings escaped at almost 4 1/2 months, and I was lucky, none of the girls pregnant. I totaly understand what your going through - last year I had 4 unplanned litters with 6-8 kits each, I was pretty worn out at the end of summer. Luckily I was able to sell them off at 8-10 weeks.

Anyway, mark the day and treat them as if they were pregnant - which isn't much different to normal anyway, just add lots of hay and nestboxes after ca. 25 days.

Might be a close call. How big are they (breed)? My 10lbs rabbits are not mature at 4 months, but just barely. I seperate at 12-14 weeks, which could be too late for smaller breeds.

This year my bucklings escaped at almost 4 1/2 months, and I was lucky, none of the girls pregnant. I totaly understand what your going through - last year I had 4 unplanned litters with 6-8 kits each, I was pretty worn out at the end of summer. Luckily I was able to sell them off at 8-10 weeks.

Anyway, mark the day and treat them as if they were pregnant - which isn't much different to normal anyway, just add lots of hay and nestboxes after ca. 25 days.
They are mini lops. I’d say he is 3 pounds. Wow that sounds like a lot of work, and sounds stressful!

Reactions: Tms

Latest posts

Back