Unwanted Pregnancies, Please Help!!!

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

LopsAreGreat

Reaction score
This morning I found two does and a buck out. Bear (the buck) is almost 4 months old. His sister, Faline got out as well and is the same age. Bear’s aunt also got out. What do you think? Are they pregnant? I hope NOT! I’m hoping and hoping and hoping they are not pregnant. Have you guys had an experience like this? Anything helps. Thanks.

Preitler

Loony bunny guy
Reaction score
Might be a close call. How big are they (breed)? My 10lbs rabbits are not mature at 4 months, but just barely. I seperate at 12-14 weeks, which could be too late for smaller breeds.

This year my bucklings escaped at almost 4 1/2 months, and I was lucky, none of the girls pregnant. I totaly understand what your going through - last year I had 4 unplanned litters with 6-8 kits each, I was pretty worn out at the end of summer. Luckily I was able to sell them off at 8-10 weeks.

Anyway, mark the day and treat them as if they were pregnant - which isn't much different to normal anyway, just add lots of hay and nestboxes after ca. 25 days.

LopsAreGreat

Reaction score
Might be a close call. How big are they (breed)? My 10lbs rabbits are not mature at 4 months, but just barely. I seperate at 12-14 weeks, which could be too late for smaller breeds.

This year my bucklings escaped at almost 4 1/2 months, and I was lucky, none of the girls pregnant. I totaly understand what your going through - last year I had 4 unplanned litters with 6-8 kits each, I was pretty worn out at the end of summer. Luckily I was able to sell them off at 8-10 weeks.

Anyway, mark the day and treat them as if they were pregnant - which isn't much different to normal anyway, just add lots of hay and nestboxes after ca. 25 days.
They are mini lops. I’d say he is 3 pounds. Wow that sounds like a lot of work, and sounds stressful!

Reactions: Tms

Latest posts