Unusual behaviour - peed on my bed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBillandTed

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'd really appreciate your input. I've had my bunny Ted for 3 years and he has always used his litter tray but this morning he was playing on my bed as I got ready for work and when I left the room he must have peed right in the middle of my bed. I noticed the wet patch a few minutes later and Ted had gone to his hideaway. We cuddle on my bed every morning with no accidents. Any ideas? Just a mistake or could he be trying to tell me something?

Thanks.

If it only happened once, it could be a fluke. Maybe his litter box was dirty or he couldn't get to it on time? If it keeps happening, then it would be time for a trip to the vet to be checked for a urinary tract infection or stones/granules in the urine.

actually, I've seen quite a few threads of people asking why their bunny peed on their bed (its not that uncommon) If he starts doing it constantly, the best thing to do is block off your bed so he can't jump on it, by using puppy gates, Xpen etc. or you could make a loud noise (not too loud) by clapping your hands and GENTLY push him off the bed (or pick him up, most rabbits don't like being picked up) is their a new smell on the bed? (new sheets,bed covers,blankets etc.) your rabbit could be marking his territory.

Could be nothing more than marking behavior--too young for incontinence to be showing up. Habits do change as they age ,but with all of mine they came at a much later age, 10 or older. Had to get litter boxes with really low entrances and Nikki stopped using hers about 5 months ago, but she was blind, deaf and had other health related problems.

Latest posts

Back