Uninterested Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talontuner

Reaction score
I have 2 female dwarf bunnies and they are both about 11 weeks old. They always want to be let out of their cage (chewing on the door, standing up on their hind legs when i walk over to them, etc.). When i do let them out they want absolutely nothing to do with me. They wont come to me even if i havea treat or something in my hand.I cant help but feel slightly rejected haha. They are more interested adventuring and checking stuff out andhopped pastme. I have had them for about 3 weeks now. Are they going to ever grow out of this and actuallybe personable?

Oh dear, just have confidence and patience and they will! It may take a couple months, honestly. They're in a different home completely? That makes a huge difference. Just have patience and let them come to you, which they will, in time. A couple weeks, they'll come up to take treats, then it should progress from there, is my experience anyway.;)

Do you plan to have them altered? Are you going to keep them separate? Females don't get along so well, especially if unaltered. When they hit the teenage years, they will fight like there's no tomorrow, so just keep an eye on them. Separate them soon though.:)

Don't give up!:)

There's an article in the Bunny 101 forum about bonding with your bunny, and it would probably be worth reading that.

Also, rabbits will generally gravitate to someone of their own type, so it's natural for them to not want each other, and want you.

I'm sorry you are feeling rejected, but they are not doing it to personally reject you, they are just being rabbits. They, to me, sound very happy, and that's what any rabbit owner should be aiming for, it should be for the rabbit to be happy. The person's needs are secondary.

You haven't had them long. Be patient with what you do and how you feel and remember that ultimately, the aim should be for them to be happy.

keep at it:)im in my fourth month with hartleybun and he couldnt care less about me! he's got his girlfriend, roxy, and he's happy enough. roxy's 3 and has only shown an interest in me since january when her old boyfriend passed away. since then she's been a different bunny - really affectionate to me, not hopping away and hiding. she now comes straight up to me when ever she sees me.

it's the same with the dogs - i do everything for them yet everyone else gets the greeting, im lucky if i get a wag:biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back