unexpected baby bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nat1234

Reaction score
so i'm getting a baby male bunny tomorrow very unexpectedly
he was found abandoned outside by my Mom's friends rescue and a lady has been keeping him for quite some time but has decided that she can't take care for him so he was going to end up in their shelter
He's a male and I currently have an unneutered male rabbit who is eight years old. I was wondering if it will be OK to keep them house on top of each other but not together. Also this is my first time caring for a baby bunny so any tips would be appreciated
we don't know exactly how old he is because all vets are closed for non-emergency procedures so we won't be able to get to a vet until the coronavirus dies down

Attachments

• 0BF2D838-9BF4-4643-972A-D1F0F5D42869.png
    0BF2D838-9BF4-4643-972A-D1F0F5D42869.png
    568.4 KB · Views: 3
Congratulations! Perhaps you can find out how long the lady has been caring for him. That could help give a closer approximation of his age.

Housing one on top of the other will probably be a trial & error thing. It depends on the rabbits. If one or both males gets particularly stressed having another intact rabbit around, then they may need to be kept in separate rooms. Yet it is possible it could work.

Congratulations! Perhaps you can find out how long the lady has been caring for him. That could help give a closer approximation of his age.

Housing one on top of the other will probably be a trial & error thing. It depends on the rabbits. If one or both males gets particularly stressed having another intact rabbit around, then they may need to be kept in separate rooms. Yet it is possible it could work.
she's only had him since april 7th bc that's the day i was called asking about care as her rescue is more for dogs and cats
i'm planning on getting the new baby fixed asap but my current bunny is a senior so he's too old
if keeping him on top of my current bunny doesn't work out we plan on having him in the living room so we do have a backup but i would like him in my room
what stress signs should i look out for?

Latest posts

Back