Understanding Angry Rabbits with Attitude

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn

Reaction score
Tucker, at 4 lbs, can toss an Apple Log around his cage like it's a piece of hay.

How do your rabbits let you know that they are Not Happy? :growl:

-Carolyn

Amber either thumps (LOUD) or nips. Devon makes a sound like, "vvvvvt, vvvvvvt" and then thumps.

All three thump when mad.

Rue actually lunges at the cage when Sully is out playing, and she pees on my bed when she is really mad.

Kweli never gets mad.

and Sully growls and grunts.

MeatHead starts throwing things all over thecage until it is out of his way, gives me the but, then stares at meuntil I let him out.

He thumps at me if I don't let him run around in circles also.

If I don't go in his cage he reallys starts thumping madly until I goin the cage which I wont. My big but can not fit in the 1x2 grid door.lol

lucy will try ans attack you and tries to bite you

but with me being in the wheelchair i noticed when she is in a bad mood she'll try and bite my feet

varna xxxx

Rex snorts,growls, and even makes barking noises :shock: When I'm moving somethingin his cage, and he doesn't like it, he'll grab it out of my hand andfling it as far as he can. He's also been known to charge when he'sreally mad.

Peanut thumps and gives me the dirtiest look that you can imagine.

~Emily and the Fuzzbutts~

I have a bunch of grunters.:D

My littlest girl, Zealand, will also lay her ears back asflat as she can and try to box me if she doesn't want to bebothered.

Spanky loves to toss toys as well. I made the mistake of giving him anoisy toy once. That got replaced pretty quick!

Gunner loves to flickhis hind feet at me after I put him down if he feels I held him too long...

This post brings back memories of our little Princess's temper.

If I yelled at her for digging at the carpet or for trying to get intomy computer room, she'd take out her anger by chewing onsomething. One day she chewed the reins to my bridle when Iwouldn't let her into the computer room. Another day, aftergetting yelled at, she stomped over to the kids and bit through theNintendo power cord.

She also considered my husband's feet in white socks to be invaders in the house and would attack and bite his feet.

Like Tucker, she'd throw things that I had put in the wrong place inher cage, and she would growl and rattle the cage door when she wantedout.

Pam

Cookie goes into his cage and turns over the bowl that holds his hay, then scatters it around the cage one piece at a time.

"Send me to my cage!? FINE!! You'll just have to clean this up then!"

Muff thumps.

Tumble throws things.

And they both nudge my hand if they don't like how I'm arranging their stuff.

:wink:

When he's reallly mad at me (usually when hecatches Vicky on the bed with me ... he such a jealous boy!) Freddypees on me !!! :X

When he's mad and jealous about me doing homework or being on thelaptop .. he will grab my notebooks and run off with them ..and hasattempted to do the same with the laptop.

Vicky thumps like a maniac when she's mad ..and nips pretty hard to let you know shes serious.

My big boy Nanuk expresses his anger alot..lol.He thumps so loud its like someone dropped a stack of phone directorieson the floor from a great height. He also throws things around hiscage. If you pick him up he shows his displeasure byattempting (and sometimes succeeding) to lacerate your armsand chest.

Ive only seen Rosey mad once..she let out this soft little growl.

Snugg charges around her cage like a tornado kocking everything over and thumping at the other 2.

Clover and Clem I have never seen mad. Clover is still a baby though soI'm sure given time he will find things to be cranky about. For Clemlife is one big party. :cool:

Lorretta

Raph tosses his food dish, hay rack, anythingthat isn't bolted down. Unfortunately he did this a few nights ago whenhe was impatient for dinner, and wound up breaking his crock. Threw itright out of his cage and onto the basement floor (I keep his cage dooropen so he can roam about in his pen).

And a few mornings ago I caught him thumping for the first time. Kaya(my dog) was barking at my cat Fritz, for getting into something in thebasement ('Mom, mom!! C'mere quick!!! Come see what he's doing!!! He'ssoooo busted!!!!'). Her bark tends to be extremely loud and sharp, veryannoying to all ears, human or otherwise. When I finally got hersettled down with the promise of sending Fritz to his room for beingbad, I thought I could hear something in the now-silent basement.

'whump'

pause

'whump'

pause

'whump'

pause

'whump'

This was so rhythmic and steady that I thought at first there was somesort of intro to an African band playing on the radio upstairs. Butthen I realized it was coming from the direction of Raph's pen. So Iwent over to check, and he was sitting there doing a slow, but veryregulated, series of thumps on the floor...his way of voicing hisopinion over Kaya's vocal outburst. Well, the boy's got rhythm,anyway...:D

I have an amusing angry rabbitstory. I drove across country from California to Florida withthe bunnies. The first day out, we put in about 7 hours andstopped at a hotel for the night. As soon as we got into ourroom, I released the bunnies from their travel cage. Theywere obviously madand wouldn't have anything to do withme. Nothing but butt. After a few hours, Scooterseemed to forgive me and started coming over for pets. Well,every time she would come over to me Sparky would rush over and nudgeher away. It's like she was saying "Scooter, remember we'reMAD at mommy".

Iszy grunts at me and thumps.

Pristine never gets mad at her mommy. :wink:

With all the differentpersonalities I have in my barn it can tend to get ratheramusing wehn a good case of the Mad gets let loose.Most thump , some spray , I have gotten really good aboutknowing just when to duck outof the waynow lol . but my all time favorite is when I haveto do something in Justienes cage , Her wayof showing Mad is hysterical andcan reduce me to a fit of laughter every time .well letme show you and you can jusdge for yourself;

Justiene the Grumpy Palomino :

Justien1.jpg

see what I mean :::!!:rofl:

LOL, these are so funny - and some say rabbits don't have personalities :disgust:.

Perry rarely gets mad, and when he does he thumps. Pernod, on the otherhand, is mad about 90% of the time. If we pick her up, she gets so madwhen we put her back down, that she'll attack the first thing she canget to - be it the carpet, her toys or our feet. She'll throw her fooddish around if I dare to put my hand in there, and there isn't a daygoes by that I don't get the 'flicky feet'. :D

Jan

kipper will turn his butt to me and spray me if hes mad!! its so gross

keely will nip me lmao

mouse, not sure hes not gotten mad yet

whisky same deal, hes always been loveable so far

padme oh miss attitude at times LOL shewill toss her food bowl, stomp her feet, nip and throw her hayrack

Latest posts

Back