Umbra's Obsession With His Cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StickyBird

Reaction score
Okay, this just startedabout three days ago. I'm trying to fall asleep at about10:30, and what do I hear? This odd sound that sounds likeUmbra chewing at the bars of his cage!!! I turn on my littledresser light, and sure enough, there he is, in the corner by hiswater, biting at the bars. Now, this isn't totally unusualfor him. He did go through a faze of biting the bottom wiresof his cage (for whatever reason I still cannot figure out) a whileback. He has toys to play with... he has hay he can alwayseat, so I don't get why he has to do this!

Although, when I think about it, he has beena lot more rambunctious lately in the area of chewing at things in myroom... Maybe he's just carrying that same feeling over towhen he's in his cage? I don't know... but it's been annoyingme at night, and I'm sure it can't be good for his teeth. Anyadvice on why he's doing it, or ways to get him to stop? Andis it particularly bad for his health?

--Melissa and Umbra

Some individual rabbits and some breeds are morepredisposed to chewing the cage wire. Yes, it is bad for theteeth. Our Tans have actually busted their teeth right off onoccasion. You might try mounting a hay rack to the frontwhere he's chewing to discourage him from grabbing the wire.

Pam

Now that I read my own post, I note that "busted" is incorrect grammarLOL "Broken" is what I meant :) I slip terriblywhen I'm tired . . . zzzzzzzzzzzz

Latest posts

Back