Um...she peed on me

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elf Mommy

Reaction score
So...I was sittingon the couch. Elf hopped up, climbed into my lap, let me pether....then....peed on me. Back into the cage with the bun bun. Wasthis a dominance thing? An ownership thing? A pissed off (pun intended)thing? Elf never ever pees outside her litterbox. I wasn't holding her,she was free to hop on and off my lap. ...Anyone have any thoughts onthis?

Minda

Shecould bemarking you as hers. Is there any competition for your affection?

Or...you really ticked her off in some way.

Wabbitwuv

Oh yea, that sounds about right. Are you going to try to get them to play together?

I only let them outtogether when I can closely monitor the behavior of both of them.Otherwise Elf is out on her own with Kirby in his crate, or Kirby isout while Elf is in her cage. Now that I think about it, Elf peeing iskinda par for the course. About 20 minutes before that, Kirby had peedright in front of her, and he got crated (after rushing him outside,where he decided he really didn't have to pee).

I have to watch Kirby very carefullybecause he acts like a cat and bats with his paws. His paw is half thesize of her head, though. I'm working on getting him to keep all feeton the floor when interacting with her. Elf is very confident aroundKirby. She'll hop right up and under him. She bumps him with her nose,or flops on the ground while he's sniffing about. Relaxed as she acts,I'm pretty sure she knows I'll keep her loved and safe.

mmm, arent rabbits lovely?:pnot sure if you remember, but awhile back i posted abouthow i hadnt been around much for a couple of days... when i was finallyhome & relaxing on the couch (on phone with mom in kuwait), hehopped up onto the couch &turned his back to me. hethen lifted his tail & as i said "batman, dont do it" he peedright on my foot.

good luck with getting those two to be buddies!!and by the way where are the pictures of the new pup?? :)

Nose Bumps

10%20easy.jpg

He gets his stitches out today.:)He actually doesn't have the cup thing on his head anymore,but I spent the week taking pictures of principals and just didn't havethe energy to take bunny and puppy pictures when I got home. I'll takelots this weekend. :D

Hi Elf Mommy,

Yup, Elf is marking you as her territory.Doesn'tsound like she was mad as she was doing it. She's just makingsure that you have her smell on her to let Kirby and everyone else knowthat she was there first. Think of it as a Christening. :)

She's so brazen! No fear in her at all.

-Carolyn

Hi! I'm back! So to answer yourquestion, I think the others are right.(Personally, I also think it's adominance thing. Mr.Cuddles once peed on my jeans, and began to push mearound with his legs and nose as if he was the boss of me!) You'll beOK! :D

Latest posts

Back