UH OH!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyndsy

Reaction score
As I was just playing with the little monkeys, Inoticed Tucker has red around both of his eyes, one has some crusties,and the fur around his nose was wet!:(He is eating the usualamount of food, and drinking. He's full of energy, and mounts Busterwhenever he can.

Should I be contacting my vet frist thing in the morning? I'm veryworried? And when I do go, should I bring Buster too? They live andplay together, share bowls and toys... :(

HELP!

It looks clear. I don't really see 'anything' thefur around his nose is just wet... It wasn't like that this morningwhen we were playing.:(

Does that make any sense?:?

lyndsy wrote:
Itlooks clear. I don't really see 'anything' the fur around his nose isjust wet... It wasn't like that this morning when we were playing.:(

Does that make any sense?:?

A little moisture around the nose can be perfectly normal, but with the eye thing you might want to check things out.

I notice it on cold mornings when the girls have been breathing into their dewlaps all night.

Rose

Is he sneezing? Does it seem to be bothering him?

Apollo has a dust allergy. Thankfully it doesn't bother but once in ablue moon. But he'll get to sneezing and he'll have a clear discharge.He'll get the eye sleepies too.

I know the only thing that set my mind at ease was I took both of themto the vet. That way I knew what it was and could quit worrying aboutwhat it could be.

Tina

Hi Lyndsy,

You might want to just get a culture done to be sure what you'redealing with. Check out the post by Lynda where she's going to the vetin 1/2 hour. There's some discussion around it in there, and there's alink to a post that BunnyMommy wrote that you should definitely readthrough.

It could be anything - allergies, pasteurella, or other things thatparallel the symptoms, so that's why it's best to not mess around withit and get a culture done so that you know what you're dealing with.The sooner you get to treating it if it is pasteurella, the better.

Keep us posted. I'll be thinking and praying for the three of you.

-Carolyn

Well, we're going to the vet today!

Our appointment is at 12:20, she squeezed us in because they're soyoug, and we caught so soon. She's affraid to wait until Monday justincase. That and Buster doesn't seem to be showing ANY signs yet... Soshe's thinking probably allergies, but she want to get a culture, justto make sure!

I'm taking them both, she wants to give them the once over, anyway. Wewere supposed to go in just for a check up later next week, but nowwe're going today!

So keep your fingers crossed and wish us luck! And i'll let you know how the boys make out later today.

:)
PS- Carolyn, thanks for bumping that topic for me, I did read it lastnight. As soon as I saw the eye and then the nose, I went staight tothat post. I remembered reading it earlier... Thanks again!:)

Good Move, Lyndsy. And it does sound like you've got a good vet there with airing on the side of safety.

Please let us know how the exam goes when you get back. I know it'lltake some time to get the culture back, but let us know what the doctorsays anyway about how their teeth look, their heart rate, their eyes,their inner ears, their nose, their weight, the whole 9 yards.

-Carolyn

Will do everyone!

My little monkeys are fighters, so whatever the case we can handle it!After all we're 'McAuley'/'Loughrans'! We can handle ANYHTING! We'vehad coccidia, ear infections, sprained legs, the list goes on, all ofour boys ALWAYS pull through!

We'll be fine no matter what, and with great friends like you guys,with all of your advice and big hearts, what more could you ask for?:)

THANK YOU!

Well we're back!

Tucker got some meds, he got some ointment for his eyes, andNovo-trimel to take every 12 hrs for ten days. She said it doesn't lookserious, but she wanted to give him some meds to clear it up anyway!

She said she doesn't think there's enough evidence to do a culturetest. We are to go back in ten days and then if the meds have donenothing significant,we do a culture!

So looks like i'll be making a bunny burito every 12 hrs for ten days! LMBO:D

Buster got a checkup as well! Listen to this...

Tucker weighs 982grams!:shock:What a piggy! He's got a nice belly on him too...

Buster weighs 720grams!:pHe's qiute a bit smaller eh?

Also, both of their testicles have dropped, so in mid April they areboth going at the same time to have their nueters! (if they aren'tfighting, if they are then one will go and then the other, because theywill be in seperate cages)

Their teeth are perfect, thier hearts are great, their lungs are clear,they got a clean bill of health, except Tuckers eye and nose thing.

So they are fine, tired and a little stressed, but that's nothing a little nap won't cure! LMBO

Oh Lyndsy, I am so relieved. I willcontinue to keep you, Tucker and Bucker in my prayers. I was outrunning errands today and found my thoughts turning to you and theboys. So happy all else is well. I'm sure Tucker is going to be justfine. They have one Incredible Mom.

Tina

Well just to keep you guys up to date, my husbandand I just gave Tucker his first set of meds... he has to take themevery 12 hrs, so we had to wait until tonight to give it to him...:?

and he took it like a champ! :)

He fussed a bit at first, but once we had him in a burito wrap, he wasgood! I got the oral meds into him NO PROBLEM, it was the eye ointmentwe had the problem with... It made hiss fur around his little eyes allsticky...:(So when it was done he ran as fast as he could tothe safety zone of the cage, and cleaned himself up a bit.

Now as I write this he's slowly falling asleep. I think it scareshim:?Poor little monkey, his little eyes arered:(It must bother him, no?:?

Poor, poor, monkey:(

Buster on the other hand is running in and out of the cage, doing binkeys!:)

Silly monkey! He had to immidiatly sniff the eye and mouth areas, and give Tucker his own, Buster bath... (rolling eyes)

Until tomorrow,

bye from Lyndsy and the 'monkeys'

Hi Lyndsy,

That's so sweet that Tucker took his meds fine. When Fauna had conjunctivitis, I had to give her pills and eye ointment.

Perhaps I missed it, but what does she think it is?

What a great relief when you hear that all else checks out. Thanks for the update. Keep us posted.

-Carolyn

I always thought little eye crusties were normal??

Peppy has them sometimes. It looks like the same eyeboogies I have when I wake up in the morning...

I just flick 'em off, its never runny or anything. Just looks like thesandman visited him. Maggie gets this too... so does Samson... :?

Latest posts

Back