ughhh, poor puppy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Illusion

Reaction score
About a month ago I was doing dishes and looked out the kitchen window to see a flash of hot pink run past. So I yelled for hubby to look out and see what it was. Turned out it was a Great Pyrenees, with a hot pink Mohawk and tail, with a horrible hair cut, infested with ticks and fleas. I asked around the neighborhood to see if he belonged to anyone, and he didn't. I was worried about his ex owner coming to get him back if we took him in, but animal control said if they did to call them, so we have a new doggie. I think the thing that gets to me the most is, he's such a sweet boy.

Sure Becca
3884857688_a743fe585e.jpg

3884873734_530ef036d2.jpg

I had to cut his mats out by hand, with little scissors that come with nail care kits.
3884055691_7dd65c5fda.jpg

3884055687_cdd7b0a525.jpg

3884049387_6d76e7a886.jpg

he is soooooo cute! why on earth they dyed the poor things tail pink and gave it a mohawk I don't know, makes me wonder if it was either a stray and some kids got hold of it and did it, or it belonged to a group of kids that did what they liked to it. Who knows but at least it is in good hands now.

kirsterz09 I think your right about the kids, getting a hold of him, and dying his fur. You could tell he'd been on his own for awhile, he had weeds and stuff in his mats.

tonyshuman He's supposed to be around 115 to 120 pounds, he's still underweight, but not nearly as bad as he was, amazing what difference a month can do.
I can't wait for his coat to grow back.

this is what he's supposed to look like
3884394509_3beb06b322.jpg

What a gorgeous boy! I can't belive someone dyed his fur!! Thats insane! I am glad he has wonderful home now and is getting the care he deserves!

What a gorgeous dog!
They are such good livestock guard-dogs. Do you live in a rural area? Could be someone's guard-dog and maybe some mean teenagers were messing with him. Poor thing.

Anyway, I'm glad he's with you! He's so cute!

Emily

oh for the love of Pete, pink? lol, so glad you are keeping him, i have a suggestion if you are worried about the owners coming and getting him get him microchipped with your information, and a vet record that you have taken him to the vet, it will show that you own him

BSAR, Thanks He's a big baby

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry, He is gorgeous isn't he? A friend of ours has one, for the goats, they are really good guardians. Yes on the Rural area question.

Luvmyzoocrew I thought about getting him chipped, He's just so sweet i couldn't imagine somebody doing that to him. I fell in love with his big brown eyes. Yes Pink, couldn't they have gone with a blue? lol

Awwwwwwwwh who ever did that is horrible. Utterly fully horrible :(

I think he would suit purple haha. You got a name for him?
I think you should microchip him.

hes such a beautiful dog too :)
poor boy looked like he was starting to get dreads on his tail :(

Koda had dreads on his tail, and the backs of all four legs from is paws up. Mats on his belly and chest and back. He had chunks of stuff between his toe pads. He doesn't look like the same dog. I brushed him so much trying to clean him up, he hates it now. But he seems happier.

Latest posts

Back