Udder Cream Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BethM

Reaction score
I picked up a tube of Udderly Smooth Udder Cream today to put on Tobi's sore hock. It took me awhile to find the stuff, and I just grabbed the tube when I found it, didn't pay attention.

I opened it this evening to apply to her foot, and it's got a fragrance to it. The small print on the tube says "lightly scented." I searched here, and found no mention of getting the unfragranced variety, so I went ahead and used it.
I applied less of it that I've been using of Neosporin, and made sure to rub it in pretty well.

I did watch Tobi for about 5 minutes after I released her, and she didn't try to lick it off, though she never left the Neosporin alone. (That doesn't mean she isn't licking it off right now!)
Tobi is a chewer, and is very high strung, so I don't think a glove-finger "sock" or a wrapping would stay on very long.

Anyway, is the fragranced one ok, or should I try to find the one with no fragrance?

Ok, thanks!
I did see online that there is one unscented one, it comes in the jar rather than the tube. Don't know if it's available here, it took me a lot of looking to find the regular one.
I'm so paranoid about everything, I just had to ask. :)

I liked that it soaked in quite well, and that Tobi left it alone afterwards. Hopefully this will help her more than the Neosporin did.

I have the one in a jar that I use myself but it's not unscented. The stuff works great, I used to use it on my horses and then I started to use it for my hands.

If you check the website, there is one that comes in a jar that is unscented. It is in addition to the other varieties available. (Not trying to argue, just let you know!)

Thanks for the re-assurance, I feel a lot better about putting it on Tobi's foot!

BethM wrote:
If you check the website, there is one that comes in a jar that is unscented. It is in addition to the other varieties available. (Not trying to argue, just let you know!)
No problem, I didn't think you were :)

Latest posts

Back