Type of breed for a companion bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauren8165

Lauren & Buns
Reaction score
This may be a stupid question, but I Googled and couldn't find an answer. I am getting a companion for my bun and was wondering if it is better to get one the same breed? I see pairs of different breeds all the time, but was curious if it is a better fit if they are of the same breed. He is an otter rex.

I have never heard of the same breed pair bonding better than a pair of two separate breeds. I believe it's more on how their personalities mesh. I do wonder now that you brought it up. My larger breed buns are more laid back and mellow

I figured that. Especially since there are alot of same breeds with very different personalities, but I don't know too much about rabbits in general just yet. I'm learning from my buns as I go, so I wasn't sure if there was better success at pairing the same breed.

Makes no difference whatsoever. Two of the same breed can hate each other. And as you know, rabbits of different breeds can bond very well. The only thing that matters is that they are fixed and that they decide to get along.

Latest posts

Back