Two Week Old Baby Fell Down Ramp

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesssPets

Reaction score
Hi,
I couldn't find any information on google so decided to turn to a forum for help. This afternoon one of the babies from a two week old litter fell down the ramp in my rabbit hutch. This is the first litter I've had and so have no idea what to do. As soon as it fell I returned it to the nest where it immediately snuggled back in with its litter mates. Any advice would be great, thanks.

I would leave it be and see what happens.
Is there not a ledge in the nest to keep them from crawling out?

There is a ledge but it had must have jumped over it or accidentally been dragged out by the mum? I'm not too sure what happened as it was all pretty quick. Thank you for replying.

They can’t jump at that age so either it was patched into Mom when she got out or it’s possible it could’ve crawled out, depending on how high the ledge is. How far did it fall? I would watch it close to make sure it didn’t break a leg. There isn’t much else you can do.

They can’t jump at that age so either it was patched into Mom when she got out or it’s possible it could’ve crawled out, depending on how high the ledge is. How far did it fall? I would watch it close to make sure it didn’t break a leg. There isn’t much else you can do.
it fell maybe 6-8 inches before it hit the ramp and somewhat slid down the ramp to the ground. I checked on it again this morning and it seems to be doing okay, are there any signs in particular I should be looking for?

Swelling or inability to use a particular limb. If it hit it's head you could also see neurological symptoms like circling, head tilt, etc.

If you haven't already, it would be good to block off the hole to the ramp completely for now. Those babies are going to be getting out and moving around soon(if they aren't starting to already), and will be prone to falling down the hole to the ramp.

Swelling or inability to use a particular limb. If it hit it's head you could also see neurological symptoms like circling, head tilt, etc.

If you haven't already, it would be good to block off the hole to the ramp completely for now. Those babies are going to be getting out and moving around soon(if they aren't starting to already), and will be prone to falling down the hole to the ramp.
I haven't noticed any of those symptoms, it hasn't been acting different at all. Any idea for how long it would be before we're in the clear? The door that covers the ramp is now going to be down constantly.

Thanks for the help.

I was playing with some two week old Holland lops and one crawled off the couch. She turned out just fine and is now six months old!

Latest posts

Back