Two marble sized lumps on neck

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone. So we adopted a 9 month old spayed doe from the humane society yesterday. Today I was petting her and noted two firm marble sized lumps on her neck. THey don't seem to cause her discomfort at all. I am dreading they are abscesses. I will be phoning the shelter to let them know. But could it be something more benign by any chance? How sad that such a happy energetic bunny could have these and no one said anything or even noticed.

I think there are just too many options for what it could be.
Abscesses. Fatty lumps. Tumors. Ingrown hairs.
An abscess on tissue really isnt that bad... they need to be drained and cleaned and the rabbit needs good antibiotics and youre usually good.
Maybe she was bitten at one point by another bunny?

When you part thr fur at the lumps does the skin look any different?

While shelters may keep an eye on the overall health of their animals I imagine they dont feel every square inch of every animal every day so it could be hard to notice small things unless by accident.
Heres hoping they help you out with it however.

I will try and get a look at it in the daylight tomorrow and see if the skin looks different. She was brought to the humane society by animal control so they have no medical history or anything on her. I really hope it's nothing too bad. She really is a sweetie.

I don't see anything when I look at the area. The lump feels hard to me. It hasn't seemed to grow or change since I noticed it first. I called the humane society and they have scheduled us for a health check on Friday. So we'll see what comes of that. Here's hoping it's something benign. :hanging:

Latest posts

Back