Two buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, I meant to close this thread to all responses with the exception of people interested in taking in these rabbits.

I'll be deleting any other posts.

sas

I don't understand why everyone feels the need to come on here and personally attack me. And I don't know what all you guys are talking about with the breeding of my rabbits. I never wanted to breed my rabbits, it was a friend of mine who wanted to borrow Basil to breed with her rabbit. After the breeding thread I discussed everything you guys told me with her and she decided she did not want to risk it and was getting her girl spayed. Honestly, if you're going to say something like that, make sure its true first.

Anyways, if nobody is going to take my rabbits I guess its left to CL.

Is it really down to either RO or CL? Here we have many sites where people advertise their pups/kits or family pets that need new loving homes. I may be off the mark here but I didn't think CL was a nice place at all, and definately not for those much loved pets, just from the many stories I've heard.

Have you spoken to any shelters? Or tried to find any adverts from people looking for a rabbit? There are many I have seen over the years of people looking for one.

Jen

Well I have never sold any of my pets before and the only place I knew of was CL and since I want them to go before I leave for vacation, I am trying to find a home or homes as quick as possible. Someone on here pointed me to ebay classifieds so there is now an ad on there as well.

I agree with everyone actually, just trying to stay positive ;)It's a new thing I'm trying lol.

My only other advice would be:

Please don't rush to rehome them though. You'd be better off surrendering them than rushing and risking rehoming them with the wrong people. Please consider it if it comes down to that. :)

I know. This thread has exploded. It was asked to please leave the debating and concentrate on getting these bunnies rehomed.

So here's hoping people will listen this time.

Daenerys- The decision is made. You want to rehome your buns and r trying 2 do so in the best way. Good for you. I would dfinately contact your local shelter. If youneed to rehome these buns so quickly, then I think a shelter is the best way, because they can take the time to find a good home, as sometimes it does take a while.

Good luck

Jen

LOCKING THIS THREAD PENDING MODERATOR DISCUSSION (and yeah - I'm yelling).

If anyone wants these rabbits- please contact the original poster.

If anyone wants to express their opinions - fine - but this thread is locked and the blog will be locked if the arguing continues.

Too many moderators are wasting too much of our time on this.

Here's a very useful post from the Blog that should also be here...

TreasuredFriend wrote:
Have you tried getting on a waiting list for Midwest Rabbit Rescue and Rehome? Perhaps a transport could be arranged? Is a member able to call up nearby rescues in the NC vicinity? What about 3 Bunnies that I believe JadeIcing may have connections with? yes/no? http://www.3bunnies.org/understanding.htm

I'm going to type links in here as best as possible. Hope that it's okay. (dear mods; please do delete if you feel the links aren't helping with the rehome needy situation that Basil and Genevieve are facing). ?Basil and Parsley? Will type with arthritic fingers in case it will save your research time... we all get so busy ... even a 50-something dinosaur with health concerns, rescue focus, a granddaughter, and a dozen + bunnies, 2 less-abled buns and four other special needs' furry family and sanctuary, gets busy ;-) in addition to housecleaning, groceries, vaccuming and litter pans.

- Several RO members have ties to the MR R&R rescue organization.

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/MI382.html

How about Adopt-A-Rabbit in Simpsonville? http://www.adopt-a-rabbit.org - Carolyn Gilbert has a few years on her birthday calendar yet she's an angel to help those she can, together with her volunteers. Can you get on a wait list at a reputable rescue organization?

-- As a Rescue Me regular lurker, I posted in the Rescue thread because your Basil looks like a hotot mix bun that found a home eventually through our fostering efforts.

Reaching out to help rehome needy buns to sidestep a last-minute transition to a less-caring home, or be euthanized at a local shelter because of overpopulation BENEFITS your two babies. The rabbits are always the innocent heartbeats, who will appreciate a good home with lifelong loving care.

Your all white pretty boy/gal reminds me of Joe James, who recently lost his life to sudden kidney failure through the foster/adopting hands of myheart. She misses him terribly and Sooska's Buttercup stirred up emotions and memories of sweet JoeJames. Gotta love what foster moms and humans do. Give your kids head strokes for me please. A lot of caring humans go above and beyond in helping those we can!!!!

Thanks for not going the free and cheap route on CL or other forums where rabbits are viewed as "get rid of" commodity. :hearts

I hope there will be time to locate a low-cost rabbit-savvy vet, administering pain meds, through a rescue organization to get your boys speutered, and that will assist in the messy habits & smells that hormones bring on. Two boys are probably havin' poo and pee wars to mark their territory!! :D yee ha!

Jeepers, wish the pet stores would put up a big sign about maturity and hormones! And I sincerely hope a temporary foster arrangement may occur so that your beautiful kids find a lasting home for the next 10-14 years. Would love to hear they found a devoted home.:hug2:

Your black dress in the photograph looks so fancy. What a pretty picture and a fancy dress!

Kisses to those lil' ones who'll forever be grateful,

TF

Latest posts

Back