Two bucks being let out together with supervision

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokepearl

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I was wondering if two unaltered bucks (they’re show rabbits, so I can’t neuter them) could be let out in my yard/room/play area (which is my kinda large porch) together? I’d be watching them, and I’m not planning to house them together. In both spaces they would have room to do their own thing if they wanted, but I was wondering if they would go out of their way to fight even with all the space.

No way to know until you try. What are their ages? Hormones can make them quite ornery. They may scuffle over territory or they may not. They may seem fine for a certain time and then decide to scuffle once they've picked a certain area to claim as their own.

My main worry would be that if they get into a fight and are in a large area, it may be quite difficult for you to intervene. They are super fast when they fight and can be difficult to separate (suggest oven mitts to protect your hands/wrists).

It may make more sense to let them each have their own space for exercising. Perhaps divide the area in half -- one for each.

If these are show rabbits I would hesitate to do it. You could quickly and without warning end up with injured rabbits, possibly making them unshowable. We always put the bucks out separately when we exercised ours. With does, we might let a couple out together but would watch them if we did.

Latest posts

Back