Two brothers in need of a home (Tampa, Fl)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lillibean926

Reaction score
Hey ya’ll! When I was in middle school my stepdad gifted me two rabbits for Easter. However, being as hard headed as he was, he forced them to live outside, where they survived 5 years of southern Florida heat. When i decided to move away for college and live in an apartment, I decided to take the boys with me. I had them neutered, and I spent months bonding them, and they officially became inside rabbits in July 2019! However, because of money reasons, I have to move into a dorm in July, and I sadly can’t take them with me. I love them dearly, and it breaks my heart to see them go, and while my local humane society does take rabbits, they won’t guarantee me that they will be sold as a bonded pair, and I’m afraid that someone inexperienced will buy them and stick them in a small cage or back outside (outside rabbits are very common where I’m from) They are very special little boys, and have survived more than they should’ve had to, and I feel like I owe them this one last thing. One is white with spots (Snuggles) and the other is white with black around his eyes (Sparklez) and while they aren’t aggressive or anything, they can certainly throw an attitude. Sparklez has a rip in his ear from a fight when I first got them, and he is also missing part of his back foot because of a bad cage incident but both have been checked out by a vet and don’t effect him anyway at all. I’m willing to drive anywhere in the south Florida area, and while I live in the Tampa/ Brandon area, I also have ties to Miami and Naples. I have a large littler box/ hay rack that was custom built, as well as a wooden cat house that you can have

Attachments

• A39DD9A1-FAA5-4D49-91D2-2030076EC701.jpeg
    A39DD9A1-FAA5-4D49-91D2-2030076EC701.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 19
  • F354DB44-B964-4CF8-BE84-CE3F72BC2877.jpeg
    F354DB44-B964-4CF8-BE84-CE3F72BC2877.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 19
  • B4A3BE0B-84E1-4B7A-828B-0AA5849396E0.jpeg
    B4A3BE0B-84E1-4B7A-828B-0AA5849396E0.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 20
Humane Societies I've found to be mostly ignorant about rabbits. :mad:

I'd consider checking with a rabbit rescue instead. They will not separate a bonded pair because they know better!

H.A.R.E. (Houserabbit Adoption, Rescue, and Education) operates out of Miami. The only way I see to get a hold of someone there is from the names and phone numbers I've found at Florida Rabbit Rescue Groups
Dana KrempeIs (305) 666-2866; MarieIIe Gomez-Kaifer (305) 444-0334; Rebecca NagIey (954) 529-4730
I don't know how current the contact info is though.

There's also an email contact I found on their webpage:
http://www.bio.miami.edu/cgi-bin/mail?page=99dk

Aww they're adorable
Have you checked with the Tampa Bay Rabbit Rescue (house rabbit society)? They all go to foster homes and they will keep them together. I've looked at their adoption process and they won't let them go to just anyone.
I'm looking at fostering from there, so maybe I can foster yours until they get adopted!
I could update you on here too if I were together them in the future

Latest posts

Back