Two baby females bonded, need advice.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mariah92

Reaction score
I have a mini Lop and a lop both female. They are bonded together and are both around 9 weeks old. I was wondering if since they are too younge to be spayed if their behavior towards one another will change as the 6 month old date creeps up or will they still be ok with eachother? I know it said it was better to bond spayed and neutered rabbits but when I got them they were to young to be altered.:?

ok, so what would be your best advice? Seperate as the time creeps toward them until they are spayed and then reunite then a few weeks after the surgery?

I would keep them together until spay which can be done at 4 months. I have 2 4 month olds living happily together that are getting spayed very soon.

Agewise, 4 months is fine. But at the end of the day its up to the vet's comfort level. If your vet isn't comfortable doing them before 6 months, then that's his/her choice ... but there's no medical reason that I'm aware of to wait any longer than after they hit puberty.

I'd say to keep them together unless & until start getting aggressive with each other. Even then, you probably could keep them close to each other, depending on what kind of setup you have.

Latest posts

Back