Twilah had her babies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayley411

Reaction score
Well Twilah had 7 kits last night.

One of the kits died, he was almost twice the size as all the other ones and was very bruised. :(

The other six are doing great, Twilah has already been feeding them as they have ping pong bellies.

Huge mommy Twilah making her nest.

Twilah008.jpg

And the babies.

Hawaii344.jpg

Hawaii345.jpg

My cute little spotty mismark.

Hawaii346.jpg

~Hayley

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!

I'm sorry about the giant baby, but hopefully the rest will make it :)

They are so striking. You have to update with LOTS of pictures, really regularly *nods*.... like, I need some more now :p

So adorable! I love how they already have their markings at that age! Twilah looks like a great mommy--that nest is very well-lined! I'm sorry you lost one.

Yeah it is sad that one died, but I'm not really upset by it.

This was Twilah's first litter and I think the six that are still alive are quite enough. I was not expecting her to have so many the first time. LOL.

Everybody is still doing great. Twilah still seems to think they are not warm enough, she keeps pulling more fur. LOL.

So much for her showing after the babies are weaned. She looks bad, I don't think I'll be able to show her for quite a few months..got to wait for the hair to grow back.LOL.

~Hayley

They're so cute! I can't wait to see more pictures of them as they get older! :)

Is that the only mismark out of the litter? If so, that's really good that you only had one mismark.

Yeah, you'll probably have to wait a few months after the babies are weaned until you show her. But in those few months you can try to get her coat back up to condition and all, which will get her into great show condition.

Sage (my mini rex doe) is making her nest as I type this. I had to help her because she was building the nest outside the box. It's pretty warm here, so if she has them and I don't go out for a couple hours, they'll be good and toasty. :)

Congrats on your first litter! :)

Emily

OOOOOH!!! :inlove: Baby dutchies!

Congratulations! They're gorgeous! Keep us updated! :)

Congrats! They are so cute!! Sorry about the lost baby.
I don't think I have seen dutchies this young before!

YES! My cousin has a litter of them now... I snuck one out to kiss the other day and my daughter yelled at me for getting into their rabbits.. I said, "Mark doesn't care! he knows I'll love them to pieces!" LOL!

I was laughing tho, cause the baby had its eyes open and gave me serious disapproval!

Latest posts

Back