Twigs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lukaku&Onana

Reaction score
My Onana loves chewing on twigs.
The problem is - we haven't got any.
I live in London, and I do trust basically nothing that doesn't grow in our own garden. We have plenty of herbs, salads and grass in great variety - but we have no willow tree, no hazelnut and only two very young and tiny apple tree. What we have is an elderflower tree, two giant cherry trees, a peach tree, forsythia, olive tree, ash tree, lots of roses and a magnolia. But from reading on the internet I gather that none of those are suitable? I bought Onana apple twigs online and he chewed them, but I found them dry and not so nice as fresh ones. I also ordered a willow and a hazelnut for planting - but it will take ages until my two friends are benefitting from them.
Lukaku is not that keen on them - but Onana adores them.

Has anyone any ideas for us?
We have a very large rosemary bush with a lot of wood. I could offer that one. But is it safe?

Thanks a lot for any advice,
Charlie, Onana & Lukaku

You can give your bunnies ash tree, elderflower and roses. As long they are untreated it will be okay. My bunnies often eat ash tree. Never given my bunnies elderflower branches but I’ve read it should be safe on a rabbit site.

My bunnies never touched the roses in my yard. So can’t give a comment on them :)

Maybe ask a few neighbors if you can get branches. I often get my neighbors apple branches when they trim down the tree.

Why I say elderflower it’s safe, is because of a veterinarian site and rabbit site in Swedish say they are.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot. I will try ash tree then - and our elderflower is huge. If that is safe, we would have plenty of branches.
Unfortunately there are no apple trees around here, just my two young ones. Our lovely neighbour loves the rabbits and offered her cherry branches - but those we have ourselves, and sadly they are not safe.

I would keep away from elderflower, until someone can find a better source of information. Better safe than sorry, myself are always criticizing the things I read and find on internet. Can’t find a better source for elderflower. But ash it’s safe, maybe someone on the site know about elderflower :)

Latest posts

Back