TV MAKES ME CRAZY SOMETIMES!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpuckett

Reaction score
Now, before I get started, I should say I don't watch very much tv, but my fiance and I will find a show we like and watch it on netflix or hulu or whichever. We don't even have cable. So when we find a show that we adore (Dr. Who, Fringe, Firefly, Farscape, Dexter, various animes that dorks like us enjoy, that sort of thing), we watch them pretty obsessively.

I have recently wanted to watch the anime Deathnote, so we sat down after work for the past few days and devoured the show. At the end of it, well, no spoilers, but I was incredibly disappointed. I was like, "I wasted 37 episodes of tv for THIS?!?!?" And it wasn't one of those shows you just know is going to be bad, it was actually very interesting in the beginning and middle, then started going downhill a bit when a (SPOILER) and then I keep hoping it is going to pick up and it does, and then it crashes down in the last episode, mocking my desire to have the show go in another direction.

So, while it isn't life ending or anything, I just hate when a show I think could have been great kills itself like that >.>!

Life is full of disappointments, as well as good things. Wasting 37 hours doesn't seem so bad. Figure out how YOU would have changed the program to make it better. Then watching wasn't a waste, if it leads to creative thoughts & discussions.

You have an amazing point, LakeCondo. And I am always appreciative that I do enjoy the creative pursuits. Sometimes maybe too much (you know what I mean if your brain feels like it is going a million different directions all the time. Although maybe that it what ADD feels like, too?) Yet, sometimes when I see something with potential squandered (and it certainly isn't just television), it sometimes feels like a person affront in a way. Like I have a right to be offended that it didn't reach its true potential. Which is just silly, really :p

I read a mystery book awhile ago that had rave reviews on Amazon. I was soooo disappointed. It ended with the mystery never being solved!! yeah - something like "some things will just remain a mystery." How lame is that?
I know that's not TV, but same idea of 'why did I bother?'

*points finger* LIES! Death Note's ending was absoloutly genius! Probably one of my favorite death scenes of all time, although I thought it actually dragged a bit in the middle when a certain detective died. It took away a lot of the tension, but Light was what really carried the series.

Sounds like we have a lot of similar interest in shows. What anime have you seen and liked? Fullmetal Alchemist? Durarara!? Baccano? Kara no Kyoukai? I have tons of favorites, seen a whole lot of anime of all types so if you're looking for recommendations I can totally help out. I personally love series with a lot of twists so I get really into the suspense series.

What about The Walking Dead? Awesome show, but only if you can stand gore.

I know the feeling. I started reading a series in the early sixties by E C Tubb. After more than 34 stories I thought he would tie it all together as time was running out for him. The final story was not very good and did not resolve anything and he won't be writing anymore as he was buried last year. So, now I'm stuck with how I'd have resolved it.

Kipcha, I wanted Light to create his new empire and then be struck down. And I felt like the mental break he had at the end with the maniacal laughter was just not Light. The series wasn't bad, I like it a lot, though I did lose some when that "certain detective" bit the dust, just wanted something more from the end.

I watch all sorts of FMA and I loved Baccano. Haven't seen the other ones you mentions, and I will shoot you a PM with some of my recommendations.

Books are definitely bad for it too. Was recently reading a trilogy, I don't remember the exact name (it is upstairs, I will have to go look for it, pretty sure it was Way of the Shadows?) The first two books were awesome and I was so excited for the third. The third was amazing but things were hanging wide open at the last three chapters, and I started to get a really bad feeling. But I despise having to put a book down I already started even if it is horrible. So I finish it, and it leaves things just hanging out there for a lot of characters, and barely tied together for some of the other. MEH!

Latest posts

Back