Tunnels and hides

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billythebun

Reaction score
I have been searching and searching the internet for tunnels and hides for my rabbits. I swear they are all way too small? Is it just me? What tunnels and hides do you use because I really need some more!!

This sounds stupid, but I literally don't have any cardboard boxes- they have all been destroyed! I have that green tunnel too!

Maybe get some tunnels are for cats. I know how it feels when you get a great hideaway and then it is way to small! I got one in August and it was way to small for a Mini Rex! I am planing on getting some of the cat tunnels for him for Christmas so I will let you know how they work. I wouldn't let the tunnels be with the rabbit 24/7 or else he/she might chew it up and that would not be the best.

This sounds stupid, but I literally don't have any cardboard boxes- they have all been destroyed! I have that green tunnel too!
You can try going to supermarkets and asking if they have any boxes from their delivery, that’s what we did when we moved house :) Superdrug in particular gave me some great boxes!

I love the Ikea kaninhol for hides. It's softer wood, but holds up much longer than a box (while still giving a good munching surface). Plus they look much more... elegant, I suppose, than cardboard boxes when you have guests over :)

You're in the UK, so you should be able to get them pretty easy. They come in large and small sizes. Google "kaninhol" for ideas on how they're set up for rabbits -- the wood cuts very easily to make entrances. They're obviously more expensive than a cardboard box, but rabbits seem to love them, and they hold up for a long time.

Tunnels can be acquired cheaply from a hardware store -- I think they're called 'concrete forms' or similarsuch. They're round, but they work behind a couch or or something heavy to hold them in place. They're around £5 or so for a large diameter one. Just keep in mind how large they should be to accomodate your rabbit(s).

Other tunnels are out there that are made specifically for rabbits, such as the tunnel haven. I don't know how easy those are to get in the UK, though.

Popsicles- thats a really good idea thank you, I will definitely do that!
samoth- I love that ikea idea. I can get that very easily which is ideal, thank you!I would love to get the tunnel heaven, I have wanted it for a while but it is not easy for me to get in the UK.

JBun, the manor pet housing is quite expensive but I might invest because it looks really nice! Thank you!
Evelyn Gomez, in the UK, IKEA doesn't sell pet stuff yet!! So annoying!

JBun, the manor pet housing is quite expensive but I might invest because it looks really nice! Thank you!
Evelyn Gomez, in the UK, IKEA doesn't sell pet stuff yet!! So annoying!
dear billybun,--you might find some tunnels/hides at a farm supply/ grainery type stores,-we have them here in the u.s.,and--beware of the toys,as they might be made of the wrong woods-ie cedar{bad}--let this be your own creation,-beware of myxi-outside,--sincerely james waller for joseph r cottontail/bdenium rip

jamesewaller- I always check what the toys are made of. Its so silly that you would make rabbit toys out of things that are bad for the animals! I will check farm/grainery stores. We have our bunnies vaccinated against myxi.

Just while we are talking about vaccinations, are you also vaccinated against RHD1 and 2? Definitely worth asking your vet about if not!

jamesewaller- I always check what the toys are made of. Its so silly that you would make rabbit toys out of things that are bad for the animals! I will check farm/grainery stores. We have our bunnies vaccinated against myxi.
dear billythe bun,-it could just be oversight by a manufacture-,trust but verify..-its like choking hazards for children-beware...the myxi vaccines maybe necessary every 6 months during peak seasons,check with your dvm,--sincerely james waller

Latest posts

Back