Trying to sell Jack...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing screams SCAM more than that. Was involved with a craigslist scam once (babysitting gig in college) and became a victim of identity theft, IGNORE them at all costs.

Lol I meant about finding jack a new home with Kylie's cousin

Have you tried Facebook? I've found homes for lots of bunnies that way. Just post a pic and have the caption as your description. I'm just kind of shocked that Craigslist didn't work... I always get lots of replies that way:(

You could also try ebayclassifieds.com I've had pretty good success in finding homes for cresteds on there and they have a section for selling pets which is split up into categories. I see rabbits, rehomes and breeders, advertised in my local ebayclassifieds pretty often.

The fact that the messages kept saying "pet" is an indication of spam. The messages sound almost "robotic", if you get what I mean.

Do not respond, if they cannot actually use the word bunny or rabbit, they know nothing about them. My guess...PETA members.
Tell them you are sorry but the "pet" had been sold to a bunny home....or worse, tell them you ate it...lol.

if you can determine that they are actually PETA members, I highly advocate screwing with them just for kicks :p

What is the world coming to when you can't trust a member of the Nigerian Royal Family and their Banker? The latest scam I hard of is someone hiring you to do their mail and order and ship stuff for them. They send you a bunch of bogus checks and try to make it sound like a legitimate job, but, it's a scam.

I know how your feeling. It's been really hard to find good homes for my bbunnies too. Especially since I insist they end up in a good loving home. Keep trying. I hate to say it, but with christmas coming you may have a better chance finding him a home.

I agree with Jenny, with Christmas around the corner, you'll get lots of replies, just be careful to sort out the good homes from bad homes :pray:

Ugh, actually to me they all sound like the same person. The sentence structure is the same (run on sentences), the pushy " I look forward to hearing from you. I want you to consider my family."

So glad you saw through that scam to adopt your "pet". Oh boy :(

Why do people do this? How is there ANY satisfaction in scamming people for fun. I also agree with April, it is possibly the same people, group, or gang that is emailing you. Hopefully you find a good home for him soon.

coxbrea151 wrote:
Why do people do this? How is there ANY satisfaction in scamming people for fun. I also agree with April, it is possibly the same people, group, or gang that is emailing you. Hopefully you find a good home for him soon.
They don't do it for fun, they do it to get money from people. Some people do fall for it and so the scammers get money and keep trying.

Latest posts

Back