Trying to introduce greens to my six month old bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He’s not eating dandelion greens either… next I’m going to try ecarole or endive. My other rabbit Josie, his sister, she is eating lettuce but I will give her about a half cup, she’s been eating it for a while and has had no runny poops, but she doesn’t eat it all immediately. She might eat a piece and I have to give her the rest at night because she doesn’t seem very interested. Is this okay? Is she just getting used to having a salad every morning?

If she's been eating lettuce (what kind?) for a while (how long?), then you could introduce a different green. As you gradually introduce her to more greens, you'll be able to get a feel for what she likes best.

If she's been eating lettuce (what kind?) for a while (how long?), then you could introduce a different green. As you gradually introduce her to more greens, you'll be able to get a feel for what she likes best.
She’s been eating romaine lettuce, she has been eating it for about 3 weeks. She seems to like it but she won’t eat much of it. she will eat a piece like the size of two quarters, but then she kind of hops away and doesn’t want the rest.

Dandelions are also very good for Bunny health, as they are rich in Vitamin C and Calcium
Yeah, my male rabbit is kind of being a pain… He will not eat any lettuce, or dandelion greens… I’m trying to find something he will eat that I can feed as much as I would lettuce. So far I haven’t found anything he likes. I’ll try dandelion greens with his sister though 🙂

She’s been eating romaine lettuce, she has been eating it for about 3 weeks. She seems to like it but she won’t eat much of it. she will eat a piece like the size of two quarters, but then she kind of hops away and doesn’t want the rest.
If she's only eating that little of the romaine, you could try a different green. Green leaf lettuce, red leaf lettuce, cilantro, are all possible options you can get at the store.
If you're interested in growing greens, basil does fantastic out here all through the summer. It thrives in our heat.

Latest posts

Back