Triple vacination

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howard cordingley

Reaction score
I have two indoor rabbits one is 2 the other 10 years+ my younger one is getting a vacination that is 3 in 1 to protect her from the rabbit viruses. Should the older rabbit have it? Will he cope at his age with this vacination?

This is one of those 'damned if you do and damned if you don't situations,which i can sympathise with.One of my rabbits is due for her vaccinations in January,and it will likely be the three in one rather than the two,sperated by a few weeks.Vaccines are not always totally safe,either for humans or animals,and reactions can occur which are unpredictable.I spoke to a vet friend of mine who had given about a dozen or so of the combined shots,to see if she knew of any adverse reactions, and she had not had any adverse feedback from owners at that time,so that does give one a bit more confidence.As the member above points out, the risks from the diseases,depending on whereabouts you live and where the animals are kept, can be severe and I will go ahead and have the vaccination done to avoid the possible consequences for her(my rabbit),but I will make sure that she is not having any health issues before the shot.As always,we are trying our best for them,but we don't have a crystal ball unfortunately.

This is a no-brainer. Always vaccinate. These vaccinations have no serious side effects. A rabbit vet will always do a check-up to make sure the bunny is healthy enough to be vaccinated.

My rabbit had the 3-in-1 vaccination a month and a bit ago, and was totally fine. No side effects for her. I’m not sure if it’s the same with an elderly rabbit, but if he’s healthy, I think it’ll be okay.

Latest posts

Back