Trio bonding tips

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flemish giant

Reaction score
I was searching for a rabbit to bond to Furgie and I stumbled upon two rabbits. These two rabbits are very special to me because three years ago my mother made me surrender them. It has been three years and they haven't been adopted which breaks my heart so I want to try to bond Furgie (who turned out to be a male). Callie is a female lop and Petey is a male angora mix. They're all the same size. There's a few reasons I think this will be beneficial
1. Callie (the female) is a senior, so one day she will not be here anymore. Petey has been bonded to her since he was 6 months old so he will likely be devastated, but another rabbit may lessen that pain.
2. Furgie needs a friend. He just seems lonely. He's very lazy and doesn't come out of his cage much. I think Petey will help with that (he's a wild one).

I know the possibility I will end up with 3 separate rabbits, but I think with time I will be able to bond them. The good thing is, I am picking them up the weekend I move so the entire house will be neutral territory. I plan on car rides with all them as well as outside time on the patio. Is there anything else that will make this easier? I know it can take a while.

Having two males makes it difficult, but it is possible. It's a similar process to bonding two rabbits, only more complicated. Good luck with them and the move!

Edit: THEY ARE SO CUTE!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back