"Tree" Toy : how to build it

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnybunbunb

Reaction score
I see all kinds of lovely things on the Pet Rabbit Toys site, I would love to buy loads of them, many of the prices are not bad, but the shipping is what kills me. I add what I want to the cart, check the shipping and then pass out. So a few times I havegave it my best try at copying them.

My grandpa has a huge work shop with eveyhing you can think of. Now and then I get into a mood and go fiddle round, todaywas one of them days. I made yet another "gate" and after I finished the tree came to my mind. I found what I needed and since I am not suppose to use the electric saws I spent half an hour and sawing stuff into the right sizes :twitch:25 not working and 1 working drill later we had holes, another hour and we had all the sisel threaded through said holes and fluffed out.

It is not as pretty as it would be if it was dyed, shaped properly and whatnot but I doubt they will mind. Not as though they perfer green trees over yellow anyway ;)

I made sure to get enough stuff to make more than one so I may start another later. It takes a while but I figure after a few times I will get the hang of it.

SANY1892.jpg

What do you think?

Thanks! :) The drill kept dying which made ittake forever as had to recharge it three times.

The sisal is a pain, you loose part of it as you fan it out :p So I have a ball of sisal for someone, too.

I plan to do some toy switch outs tomarrow so they will meet it tomorrow. I also have some pinecones that have been drying out for a few weeks. Came from a family friend's yard, I plan to get more maybe tomorrow, too. They are new toys that will be switched in tomorrow also.

Tomorrow is going to be busy, busy. Hoping to get some of the plants started, a bit late but it is ok.It would be nice to get another tree built, maybe two so I can have one for the play pen in the building.I also want to see if Chiron's old harness fits Burke, I let him hop in the yard free some sometimes because he comes back to me but it still worries me so I want to get him a harness that fits.

Latest posts

Back