treats and food ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RosieBunnie247

Reaction score
i was wondering if theres anything then boring veg and rabbit food i could give my bunny ?

like jam honey in are food

and pedigrie markies and dentasicks for dogs ?

ALSO my rabbit wont eat any veg at all she has been eating alot of hay and grass so does she need it ? she wont eat veg and i have only got her yesterday morning but we have bonded all ready and i think she trust me so nothing like that but DOES SHE NEED LIKE HAVE TO HAVE VEG ?

If she's not yet to puberty, she should have ONLY unlimited hay & unlimited alfalfa [not timothy] pellets.

Rabbits need to have a diet that we would consider boring. Otherwise they get diarrhea & worse. A new veg should be introduced very slowly, starting with 1-2 nibbles & increasing them slowly. And never more than 1 new veg per week.

Their hay & pellets should wear rabbits' teeth down & they also like chewing on sticks, but you need to make sure the wood is safe for rabbits.

If she's never had veggies before it may take awhile for her to try them. You would still want to introduce them one at a time, as well, so you can see if they cause runny droppings. A favorite of a lot of buns is cilantro and dandelion greens. Honey used to turn up his nose at green pepper, but I kept putting it in his bowl until he tried it (took a couple weeks), and now he loves it. You could try a little bit of carrot (not too much as they're very sugary) or some romaine lettuce. Try to stick with leafy greens for the most part.

Remember, to us veggies seem boring, but to a rabbit who loves them they're anything but (Honey goes crazy for his every single day). And there are A LOT of vegetables out there to try, as long as you introduce them slowly. I go veggie shopping every week and it's actually quite fun :biggrin: That link above about nutrition is great, and this link has a good vegetable list to start out with:

http://www.rabbit.org/care/veggies.html

Just remember to start one at a time, a little at a time, and watch for changes in droppings.

RosieBunnie247 wrote:
shes a one year old and wont eat any veg ? should i just leave a tiny tiny bit of baby gem lettuce in her food bowl and see if she takes a nibble ?
Yup, I would choose one vegetable and stick with it until she tries it--once she does, she may discover she loves it. Then watch to make sure she's doing fine with it (no runny poos), and you can slowly increase the amount and eventually introduce a new veggie, as well. With rabbits it's all about their sensitive digestive tracts and what they can handle.

to day she took a little nibble of little gem lettuce so i think she got bourd of me putting it in her bowl so she ate it lol so now iv got some romain and baby carrots will one baby carrot a day or ever 2 days be to much ?

Only one veg a week. You don't want to make her sick. Bunnies have easily upset tummies.

Dog treats are a HUGE no no. They can kill your bun.

Stick with lettuce for a week then try a new veg. Read the links on here about feeding and nutrition. And your bun may seem relaxed but remember they are easily upset and stressed out so it will take a few weeks for your bun to completely settle in.

When I first brought Rue home he seemed like he had chilled and settled in right away but I noticed after a few weeks more and more personality was showing as he was settling in. He started playing more and exploring more and wanted to cuddle as long as I didn't pick him up. He still hates being picked up. So just relax and back off and let your bun settle in. Sit on the floor and watch tv or read a book while she explores and comes to say hi. Don't try and smother her in cuddles and kisses.

And remember ONE new veggie a WEEK in limited amounts.

ok thank you this was very helpfull but rosie cant come out of her shed as it has a screwed on block door so that she dosent jump so i guess she will have to get used to me in her house lol x :D

Latest posts

Back