Travelling with a bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tofita

Reaction score
Hello bunny lovers,

I am looking for airways who accept bunnies in cabin. Do you know any?

I have to travel from Europe might be Belgium, Netherlands and Germany.

If you don't know any my second question is can a bunny handle being in a cargo for 3 h flight?

Thanks a lot for your help.

I don't know of any airways that do except rabbits, but if they accept dogs and cats I would ask. I think it would be best if you brought the rabbit with you in a carrier and kept it beside you. I don't know if I would want my rabbit alone in an unknown area for 3 hours.

I don't know of any airways that do except rabbits, but if they accept dogs and cats I would ask. I think it would be best if you brought the rabbit with you in a carrier and kept it beside you. I don't know if I would want my rabbit alone in an unknown area for 3 hours.

Thank you I am looking for airlines. I also do not want to keep my rabbit in cargo hold, it is too stresful even for me.

Hello bunny lovers,

I am looking for airways who accept bunnies in cabin. Do you know any?

I have to travel from Europe might be Belgium, Netherlands and Germany.

If you don't know any my second question is can a bunny handle being in a cargo for 3 h flight?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Guys I read on a website that Lufthansa allow rabbits in cabin. However website only says "From 1 January 2020 the transport of hares and rabbits in the cargo hold will be restricted." I realy dont get anything.

What does it mean?

This is their official website
https://www.lufthansa.com/be/en/transporting-animals-as-excess-baggage

Guys I read on a website that Lufthansa allow rabbits in cabin. However website only says "From 1 January 2020 the transport of hares and rabbits in the cargo hold will be restricted." I realy dont get anything.

What does it mean?

This is their official website
https://www.lufthansa.com/be/en/transporting-animals-as-excess-baggage

Well you don't want them in the cargo hold and that link is for the cargo hold. They probably are restricting transport of hares and rabbits in the cargo hold because of the bad publicity that came after some rabbits had died from being in the cargo hold a few years back.

I would assume this means they are more willing (perhaps encouraging?) the transport of rabbits in the main cabin as carry-on instead. That is what you'll want to look for on their site. If you can't find it, I'd give them a call.

I am NOT suggesting anyone do this, I'm just remembering...35 years ago I used to pack my bunny in a box disguised as a birthday present when we traveled. The box had plenty adequate air holes and he was used to it. He traveled by plane and train...back then there weren't all those security checks and x-ray machines.

No one ever suspected anything, and bunny enjoyed going to visit family. Lol.

Look up on finnair, they travell in europe and allow bunnies and other small pets in the cabin. They are quite nice flying with :)

I think you could look into the main airlines, they tend to have hidden things about "exotic" pets! I hope you can find a place he can go with you. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back