Traveling with new bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmandaCat

Reaction score
I’m supposed to pick up my new little mini lop in a few weeks, and I am so excited! However, I realized my family is going on vacation exactly a week after I get him. I really want to be with him and have him get used to me in his new environment, so I’m really frustrated with this timing. Regardless of what I choose I’ll probably delay my trip a few days so he has more time to get used to me and his new home.

My options are:
1) delay getting him until after the trip, two weeks after I was supposed to (I’d prefer not to do this, because I don’t think the breeder would appreciate it and I wanted to get him as soon as possible)

2) take him with me on the trip (but I really don’t want to stress him out this way)

3) have someone come to my house and feed him for me (even though I really don’t want to leave him alone for so long, for his safety)

Which of these would be best?

The ideal thing would be to leave him with the breeder a bit longer, but if you think they won’t let you do that then leave him at home. I wouldn’t go travelling with him, especially as he hasn’t even had the chance to settle in or get to know you.

I agree with popsicles. Ideally, leave him where he is. You can even offer to pay the breeder a boarding fee if necessary. That would be the least stressful scenario for bunny. The worst option is to take him on vacation -- nothing but utter stress.

Latest posts

Back