Traveling with a Rabbit!

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

John Wick

Reaction score
How long is your airplane ride and will Cleo be in the cabin with you?

I think a small baggie of treats/pellets can be helpful since they are usually seen pretty positively by all rabbits. There's a chance your rabbit won't want to eat for the entirety of the ride, in which case I think the best you can do is try and keep your rabbit stable and perhaps cover the carrier a bit so it's a safe "cave". Any blankets, shirts, or toys that may be reminiscent of home or you can be helpful too.

sabrina92

Reaction score
Hey guys! I was wondering if anybody had suggestions on how to keep a rabbit calm and happy during and after traveling on a plane. I couldn’t find a pet sitter so Cleo and I are traveling and I would like any tips and tricks y’all might have!
Update: Take off and landing were the hardest, probably due to the pressure. She was able to bury herself under the blanket and pee pad which I think helped but she had no problem getting used to the new place and eating and running thankfully! Definitely giving her a “cave” is a good thing and maybe keeping her more entertained somehow!

sabrina92

Reaction score
Omgosh so cute ...what Airline did you travel with your bunny? And so Glad all went well🐰❤
I flew with Alaska Airlines as it was the only one with a direct to DC. But you can fly frontier and i believe one more with a bunny in cabin. But I really liked Alaska the seats were very spacious so even with the bunny carrier I had lots of foot room and they were very nice and let us board first with anyone who needed assistance.

Latest posts