Training your rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I cannot vouch for all this personally, oneof your countrywomen, Carolina James, in her book, The really usefulBUNNY GUIDE, tfh, Kingdom Books, 1997 can learn to respond to thecommands: "Come here, Up, Down, Home, Pee pee(she says, itis possible to train a bunny to go to it litter tray on command),Good bunny, No, It's ok, Danger, Food," or "Treat." She givesexplanations of how to accomplish these feats,mostof which I haven't really tested. "Treat" did workadmirably with our mini lop, Missy, until we all fell out of practice,so I imagine the other commands would work as well.

Buck

There was a pet IQ test on the BBC, have a search on the website!

Our bunny goes tothe fridge when you ask him if he wants something to eat, goes to hisown cabinet if you ask if he wants a treat, lowers his ears and dropshis head when you ask why there are poo's on the floor, he leavesthings alone (most of the time!) when you say "leave it", he stands upon his legs when you ask if he wants up, he comes when you call hisname, tell him to move, he will, he is litter box trained, will throwhis bar bell toy when you roll it to him and ask him to throw it, heknows what out, and no means....I think that'sit....I'vefound it to be a matter of consistency andrepetition.

Latest posts

Back