Tragedy at my vet's office

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, what a heartbreaking story...:( My heart goes out to the owners of the animals who were lost. Thank heavens for the staff who put themselves at risk to rescue the surviving animals.

OMG how awful! A fire is just about my worse fear, especially during the night. This is one more reason animals should not be left overnight at a vet's office if no one is there to supervise :(

Those poor people who's animals died :( Its true what Haley said its not good that if they have animals in that they don't have someone on duty to care for them.

My vet's office reopened today. They havea memorial set up outside for the animals who lives were lost. There are a number of us chipping in for dish gardens to send to the owners. Gainesville Rabbit Rescue is going to offer to waive our adoption fee for the rabbit owner when they are ready to adopt a new companion.

Thats at least something really wonderful to come out of this tragedy. I hope these people are able to open their home to another rabbit.

Saying lots of prayers for the families who lost their special friends. I cant imagine..

What a horrible loss and how sad for those owners of the animals who thought they were there to get better from whatever they had.

My heart is with them...:inlove:

How awful, those poor animals (and owners!). I can only imagine how helpless those people feel knowing that they could not have done anything to prevent their pet losing its life.

On a positive note, I think that your shelter is doing a wonderful thing by waving the adoption fee for the rabbit owner when they are ready for another bun.

Also, it sounds lovely, but what is a dish garden?

RexyRex wrote:
How awful, those poor animals (and owners!). I can only imagine how helpless those people feel knowing that they could not have done anything to prevent their pet losing its life.

On a positive note, I think that your shelter is doing a wonderful thing by waving the adoption fee for the rabbit owner when they are ready for another bun.

Also, it sounds lovely, but what is a dish garden?

Here is an example of a dish garden:

jt0512.jpg

One of our fosterers owns a florist shop and is doing these at her cost and delivering them for free.

Oh my goodness! That's a terrible thing to happen at a vet office. All of those poor animals and their owners. Fires are one of the fears. I can't even imagine how scared those animals were. :(

My hear goes out to those who lost their pets in this tragedy. :pray:

That breaks my heart to hear :( Neither Bennett nor Fiona have ever had to stay overnight at the vet. I can only imagine the grief the pet owners must have felt.

That's a beautiful dish garden. Do you think it would ship well to SC?

slavetoabunny wrote:
Here is an example of a dish garden:

jt0512.jpg

One of our fosterers owns a florist shop and is doing these at her cost and delivering them for free.
That's a very nice thing of her to do for those people

Latest posts

Back