Toys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VikingWife

Reaction score
what toys do y’all use for your buns? I’ve seen some purchase cat toys. I got one, a scratch pad with fake grass and balls. The balls will play with the balls, occasionally scratch at the grass but they don’t really play with it. I’d love some suggestions.

Some of my rabbits would play with the smaller toys like balls, but others ignored them totally. They all seemed to like TP and paper towel tubes -- empty or stuffed with hay. They also liked large cardboard boxes with doorways cut out. An old phone book was great for shredding. Seagrass mats made for great chewing fun.

upload_2018-4-23_19-54-31.png

upload_2018-4-23_19-56-12.png

upload_2018-4-23_19-57-45.png

I'm looking for toy ideas too! :) My bun liked the grass mat but peed on it so it's out of the cage for now. I have a box with a cut out and that hasn't been peed on (yay), and I just put a folded piece of cardboard that I'm calling a tunnel lol ^_^ Must start saving toilet paper rolls.

Literally anything cardboard and my bunny loves it. She’s also adores tunnels - bought her a few pop up ones that attach together and she sprints through the little maze as soon as I let her out in the morning. Any excuse to climb into a hole in something and she is there haha.
I recently bought my bun a treat dispensing ball designed for cats/dogs but she loves it and it means it takes her marginally longer to eat her nuggets. Couldn’t recommend more, it’s great as a distraction when I leave the house etc

Some of my rabbits would play with the smaller toys like balls, but others ignored them totally. They all seemed to like TP and paper towel tubes -- empty or stuffed with hay. They also liked large cardboard boxes with doorways cut out. An old phone book was great for shredding. Seagrass mats made for great chewing fun.

View attachment 37192

View attachment 37193

View attachment 37194
Thanks for the ideas.

I thought of getting a few cat toys to see if they’d like them. I have some jingle balls that the babies play with but they get bored quickly and start chewing my makeshift litter set up

Definitely the treat dispensing one, and cat tunnels are quite good if your bunny is big like mine. Also baby toys such as plastic keys are a good idea - they can throw them around and they make a noise, which most bunnies love to do! Even just a sheet of paper screwed up into a ball is a toy that she loves to throw around and dig at.
Definitely cardboard boxes are a winner though. And paper bags - if I get a big primark haul Poppy loves to climb in and dig and chew the paper shopping bag! I save them up for a rainy day haha.

24031133-70DE-4CDA-A31E-F3EC66FD1F96.jpeg F57B460B-4259-4444-86DD-49EAC315280A.jpeg I made a card board play house thingy and filled it with news paper and my bun runs through it hides and digs in the news paper it was free and I hv fun watching him play around with it

Has anyone done pinecones? I picked up one and am trying to prepare it now .. it's sitting in a sink per these instructions I found..
http://www.nhcrabbitrescue.org/How to give rabbits pine cones - pdf-1.pdf

but the sap is way more intense than I thought it would be and now my fingers are all sappy and I don't know if the pinecone is going to get de-sapped or not!

.... /edit/
So time passed.. and the sap still is stuck on the pinecone. The instructions say use your hands to get the sap off but once my fingers get sap on them they're useless for getting off any more sap.

Last edited:
Has anyone done pinecones? I picked up one and am trying to prepare it now .. it's sitting in a sink per these instructions I found..
http://www.nhcrabbitrescue.org/How to give rabbits pine cones - pdf-1.pdf

but the sap is way more intense than I thought it would be and now my fingers are all sappy and I don't know if the pinecone is going to get de-sapped or not!

.... /edit/
So time passed.. and the sap still is stuck on the pinecone. The instructions say use your hands to get the sap off but once my fingers get sap on them they're useless for getting off any more sap.

Mine don’t like pinecones. They’ll sniff at them but won’t bother.

mine loves his pinecones, and his cat balls with the bells in them, but I get him grass balls that he LOVES, the cardboard tubes, applewood sticks. I got a big bag of pinecones from amazon they are plain perfect and clean of sap
SuperMoss (24511) Black Spruce Pine Cones, 8-Ounce, Brown
He also loves his Kaytee Nut Knot Knibbler Wooden Chew Toy it's easy for him to be entertained.

Latest posts

Back