Toys!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenni

Reaction score
I need to get Gretchen some toys. I was wondering what yourbunnies like to play with.

Gretchen doesn't seem to like the toys that I bought for her at the store.

here is a rundown of some of our homemade bunny toys.

The dig box (cut down box full of newspaper clippings)
wsvaeh.jpg

the bunny maze (soda boxes cut open and taped together)
wsvbs3.jpg

The bunny playground (multiple boxes with chew tubes, dig boxes, hanging toys, and a couple other devices)
wsvekp.jpg

a wicker basket (free of paints, dyes, sprays, and stains)
wsvh2b.jpg

a wicker ball (same as above)
wsvjuc.jpg

the cardboard tube filled with hay
wsvk49.jpg

the out of the way corner filled with old newspapers (a favorite)
wsvkzt.jpg

straw matt rolled up and zip tied
wsw5zr.jpg

and the cardboard tube curtain
wsw6qg.jpg

These are most of the main toys we make or find from non-toy things, hope this helps.

And many buns (aka all of mine) like noisy toystoo. Most of the toys made for bunnies aren't veryfun. But plastic cat toys with jingle bells insidearegreat. So are hanging parrot toys (no leather orrubber bits), especially if they have wood to chew on and a bell on thebottom. That wicker ball in the picture my hubby posted isfrom the hamster section.;) And hard plastic baby toys likekeys and small unbreakable rattles are fun too.

peapoo's favorite toys are mcdonalds happy mealtoys..especially any that have wheels...she pushes those things aroundfor hours!:D

That is very cute! I bought Gretchen afew little plastic balls with bells in them that are forcats. Maybe she will like those. I haven't giventhem to her yet.

Jenni wrote:
That is very cute! I bought Gretchen a few littleplastic balls with bells in them that are for cats. Maybe shewill like those. I haven't given them to her yet.

Those are great!

Forgot to add another thing. You can make your own hangingtoys. I tie mine up with untreated sisal string (which therabbits like to chew, and is safe) and use different pet store chewtoys, apple twigs, and a bell. This bell is scavanged from aBunny Kabob which was decidedly not fun because it's straight insteadof floppy. And that circle stick thing is a nearly-dead minigrapevine wreath that I got at a craft store for 30 cents.

wwjl3b.jpg

I've gotten ideas for toys and different chews to use from this site,which has some really cool stuff that I'd rather make myself;):
http://www.bunnybytes.com/cgi-bin/start.cgi

Thanks. The link has some greatideas! I gave her the cat bell toys and she lovesthem. She throws them around pushes them with her nose.

I thought that I might put some shelves in her cage (its a large wiredog crate) and attach one of those large cardboard tubes from HomeDepot between them. She would have some shelves to jump onand a tube to run through right in her cage.

Of course she does get to run around our bunny-proof living room whenwe are home. She has even been jumping up on the couch withus. :inlove:

Jenni + Gretchen

Favorite toys......the baseboard along thewalls,wallpaper, phone cords, cable cords, computer wires, rugs,towels, legs of furniture cloth sofas, sofa cushions andpillows..............................................and I am justjoking as this was their favorite toys be fore I really knew RABBITS :D

ive found out now some of petey's favoritetoys..he also likes little plastic toys with wheels and mcdonaldstoys.. but what he really likes is anything he can shred...especiallyold phonebooks:)

Cardboard tubes are a favorite of Devon andAmber. Peapoo, I never thought about the McDonald's toys. What a goodidea! I think we must have a million in boxes in the basement, what away to put them to good use:).

bunnydude wrote:
Cardboard tubes are a favorite of Devon and Amber. Peapoo, Inever thought about the McDonald's toys. What a good idea! I think wemust have a million in boxes in the basement, what a way to put them togood use:).
thats exactly what i was thinking! we have tons of those thingslaying around! and peapoo and petey love them...when they get destroyedi just throw them out and go grab another one:D

Latest posts

Back