Toys for digging?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie94

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for some suggestions for toys that would encourage digging for my indoor rabbits.

If you have a dig box indoors what material do you use in it that is easy to clean?

Thank you :)

You could give them some seagrass mats, Theo loves digging those. For a digging box, shredded paper would be really easy to clean up. I know some people use sand or soil, but I think that would be very messy unless you had a lid on the box and you were able to clean off their feet when they were done playing in the dirt.

I think @Diane R has had digging boxes before, but I might be thinking about someone else.

I used a bin of shredded paper, toilet paper rolls, ripped cardboard, and hay! He did pee in it, but yeah it wasn't too hard to clean :)

I have used a tall, large plastic box with a bag of sterilised top soil in it. IF the box is tall enough it doesn't make much mess. If bunnies have trouble jumping in, you could put a step next to it.

Latest posts

Back