Totally Timothy?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ariusshadow

Reaction score
I was looking around for someone that might be selling bales of Timothy hay in the area. I was directed to a store in the not-so-immediate area called Agway. The only thing they have is a horse bail of "Totally Timothy". Is this Timothy hay, or does it have something in it that buns can't have? The person on the phone said that there wasn't any alfalfa or anything in it, but forgive me for not trusting a seemingly short-tempered person of the retail world. =x
Just curious if anyone on here knows anything about it, or what it is, or has in it or whatever.

Totally Timothy doesn't sound like it would have anything but Timothy, but even a little alfalfa won't hurt. Variety is always good. And other types of grass/grass hays can be mixed in with positive results.

Not a big deal, but judging from the packaging, it's chopped up hay. If you are going to a 'horsey' neighborhood, you may want to check and see if anybody has regular bales of farm hay. Try searching horse or agriculture sites. Even the 'farm' section of Craigslist, or call some equestrian centers.

But the bag is perfectly okay.

sas :bunnydance:

I'm nervous about using farm hay. I've always been told to get Timothy hay and nothing but. And I'd prefer it personally. It also seems that buns like farm hay a bit less. Friend of mine tried it once and her buns wouldn't touch it. One of them sort of nibbled- but that one bun happens to be known for eating anything... From plastic to rubber to the carpet. If Totally Timothy seems alright to the people of OR, I'll certainly try it, though. ;D

Is Timothy grass any different than Timothy hay? I found a VERY cheap- 45lb bale ($3.50 US) of Timothy Grass and I'm not sure how similar it is to Timothy Hay.

Timothy hay is just dried timothy grass. If they're talking about bales, it's most likely timothy "hay" that they are selling.

BTW Agway hay is fine. Lots of people I know buy timothy hay from Agway. Any hay safe for a horse is safe for a bun :) Agway also sells stuff like pure wood pellets that are great as litter.

The thing about hay is each kind requires a different chewing method which is great for the teeth. When it comes to hay different kinds are great.

Latest posts

Back