Tooth Issues

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterK

Reaction score
Last week, I took my bun into get his RHDV2 vaccine (we are very literally surrounded by cases, he has a biosecure area with hydroponics in the same space for his greens). During the wellness precheck the vet noticed swelling on his left jaw and advised me to see his normal vet. Today, Peter saw his normal vet and after xrays they determined that a left molar root is sticking through the jaw bone causing the bump on his jaw. Not grown through, but literally the tooth is sunken in or pushed down into his jaw and hanging out there. He also is missing all his right molars. The vet said that best guess is trauma (second guess birth defect) and he'd recommend leaving it alone since it isn't causing any issues.

Peter hopped into my yard three years ago and never left. I never found his original owners and his age right now is estimated to be anywhere from 6 to 10 years old. Senior bunny who lived a whole other life somewhere else basically. Anybody have any opinions on this? Should I leave it alone? Should I get a second opinion?

Bunny tax photo...
20200613_075439.jpg

Latest posts

Back