Took bunny to the vet. Did I overreact?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My bunny hadn't been eating much yesterday and had been in her hut most of the day. And a few of her poops had been a bit on the smaller side. This morning she had bigger poops and had eaten quite a bit of her hay but still not as much as usual. I decided to take her in today just to see what the vet said. She didn't see anything physically wrong with her but she was dehydrated. Which makes sense because she also wasn't drinking a lot yesterday. I could have just had them give her some fluids and medicine but they said they would like to take some blood and x-rays to make sure. With the sedation there's the chance of an adverse reaction and that has me really nervous. And maybe she didn't need any of the more extensive work, which was a bit more in cost.

I'm wondering if I blew everything out of proportion and maybe she would have been fine with just the fluids and medicine. Did she really need a complete work over? I feel like I may be putting her through all of this for nothing and I was wrong.

I believe you did the right thing in bringing her to the vet and getting all the tests done :)

How old is your bunny? Maybe prepare a first aid kit for her in case something happens again :)

Latest posts

Back