Too much nesting?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemma1

Reaction score
Good morning all! I've adopted a week ago a dwarf doe.
I cought my rabbit nesting on Thursday morning. I removed her from outside cage indoors to keep an eye on her and make sure it's warm. Friday morning she build another nest, next to her nesting box. Saturday she moved the hay from the 2nest to the box. Sunday no activity. No fur pulling. Today is Monday ... What are the chances she is going to have the babies? The previous owners are out of town so I'm not sure if she was bred or not.

You’ll have to wait and see. Most does nest a couple of days before kindling. Some first timers will build one early, like 2 weeks early. It’s also possible this is a false pregnancy.

And it wasn't false .... Literally yesterday I moved her back outside and today I woke up to a healthy litter of 4:)

Attachments

• 20190212_101454.jpg
    20190212_101454.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 22
And it wasn't false .... Literally yesterday I moved her back outside and today I woke up to a healthy litter of 4:)
Congrats too! They are so adorable looking like little hippos :) Please share more pics :)

Latest posts

Back