To those who's Holidays aren't feeling very Happy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn

Reaction score
Dear Friends,

The holidays just don't have the flare for me this year being the first year without Buck Jones.

There are a lot of people that lost loved ones this year - people,animals alike. I just want you to know that I'm thinking about you andI understand that there are moments of saddness that you're having asyou hear the Christmas music, see the decorations, and think of yourbuddy having passed over.

When I bump up the old posts of Buck Jones, I look at the people hereplied to and had such a report here. Raspberry, SLG, BunnyMommy,LuvaBun, Tina, Pamnock, DaisyNBuster are the ones that Buck shared alot of love and closeness to. I know you were very close friends withhim and that friendship was supported by many private messages, emails,and phonecalls. Rest assured, your company here in this forum broughtsuch smiles and love. He felt every bit of it, and returned it from hisheart 10 fold.

I just felt that it's important to take a moment out and know that I'mthinking of the individuals that have loved and have lost this year andI pray for you each day.

Raspberry, (grandmother)
Pamnock, (a very dear friend)
DaisyNBuster (her mom's dog)
Stephanie, (grandmother)
ariel, (Roger)
Gypsy, (Mr. Shoo)
BunnyMom, (Poco)
Tina, (Apollo)
Lissa, (Lenci)
Jenniblu, (Vash)
Cirrustwi, (Daisy)
Lyndsy, (Katannah)
Zakfoxmom, (Bunny)
Zoecat, (Penelope)
Bassetluv, (Scooby)
Pepper, (Pepper)
rabbitgirl, (Izzy)
SPM, (mother-in-law)
Scooby-Doo, (Scooby)

They're the ones that first come to mind, and who I think of when I Thank God that I have my babies with me this holiday.

I apologize to those who's names aren't mentioned. The forum is quitebig to hit upon everyone, but those that had to post in the RainbowBridge and are feeling the pain, I bow my head for you too.

I do hope Peace finds you during this difficult time of year.

:pray: :rose:

-Carolyn

Carolyn, you are very sweet for postingthis, knowing how much you yourself are hurting andmissingBuck. You have a heart of gold Sweetheart.

:hug:

I know I for one just can't get in the spirit this year. I madeit as far as bringing the tree in but that's as far as I got. I'll getit up and decorated eventually.

I know if it wasn't for you and this forum I would either be acrying like a baby in the corner somewhere or in my own nicely paddedroom. I can't thank you and everyone else enough.

I pray so hard for all that have lost loved ones this year human and fur alike.

Tina

Oh Carolyn, you are such a dear love to think ofus all during htis time. I believe that Tina said it bestabout htis forum: you all have helped us so much boh in goodtimes and in bad.

:bouquet:

One person's grief is not deeper than anothers.

Pain is pain.

Just a reminder that you're not alone. We all help each other.

:rose:

-Carolyn

Carolyn, you are so sweet to be thinking of us when you are hurting. That is a true friend!

I've been trying to keep busy and not slow down too much because that'swhen I get sad. I try to spend my weekends doing fun holiday stuff orat least getting more organized because then I feel better. Right nowScott is bulding a private hutch area in Skittles' cage for herbirthday. I'll try to post some birthday pics later.

There are two family members and three pets who we've lost since lastChristmas. But we have gained a new little fuzzy face since then, andwe still have our other fuzzy face - Hef. I'm just trying to make theholidays as nice as possible for them and Scott. (Although that stilldoes not mean the Christmas tree is allowed to be a snack!)

I hope everyone who has lost a loved one this year will have a niceholiday remembering them with smiles instead of tears. I'm sure that'swhat they would want.

Carolyn, you never cease to amaze me. You just DO NOT stop thinking of others...

It was awefully nice of you to remember us all. I think of you and howmuch you must miss Buck. I never really got to know him, and i'm verysorry for that. I still take his advice from posts of his, and it keepshim 'alive' so to speak.

You have a heart of gold, and I could have no greater respect or love for another friend... :kiss:

I must admit that Katannah's passing has played alot with my heartstrings, and this christmas will, and has been VERY hard. I found hislittle stocking when we put up the tree this year, and knowing thelittle thing would forever remain empty just kills me. BUT!!!! As muchas I miss him, i've got three Monkeys!, a Princess, a Manchild(Peter),and a baby Monkey girl on the way, they keep me VERY busy!

Again Carolyn, thankyou for remembering Katannah, it TRUELY means the world to me my dearest friend.
:monkey:'s!

Carolyn , There is no bottomto the Depth of your heart and kindness , I am sure everyonewho passed over the Bridge is looking down andsmiling knowing your here to watch over us as well. They may be our Angels in the sky , but Your ourChampion and shining Star one Earth.:kiss:

I lost a rabbit this year too.. i know somethinkthat breeders dont care about our animals we are raisingthem for money or something.i may have more rabbits but that doesntmean i care for them less.im not feeling in a christmas mood my waterpump blew up and we had to get a new one, im afraid it was veryexpensive, talk about bad timing.thank god my brother came back fromiraq in one piece.bluebird

Thinking of you all who are feeling sad thistime of year. The holidays sure can trigger a lot of memoriesand feelings. Wishing you all a sense of peace, and hopefullysome joy in remembering good times, too.

Thanks, Carolyn, for reminding me/us that forsome people the hard part of the holidays won't be the shopping and thedecorating.
I had a couple of losses this year, too. This fall/summer, I lost firstmy Beautiful light grey doe, Lucy, totally out of the blue. I didn'teven have any pictures of her, I could kick myself for that now. Alsomy 13 year old collie dog, Jason, passed away a couple of months ago.Thankfully, it was peaceful. He just went out in field behind ourhouse, lay down and went to sleep.
I am so glad I can come here and talk to people that I know understand how it feels.

Carolyn, you are a real treasure, you know that.I know how much you a grieving Buck at the moment, yet you mention myMum losing Josh.

Christmas is a hard time to deal with the loss of loved ones. I thinkthat even though they have been gone for a number of years, it stillhurts when you think of Christmas' past. Especially when Christmas wastheir favourite time of year. I know I miss my Grandad's this time ofyear. They where just like big kids with all the presents. Even thoughmy life has moved on and I have got a generation of my own. It stillhurts and always will.

Christmas will be hard on the forum this year without Buck, because Iknow how much he loved Christmas too. I remember checking on brieflylast year and he was there to wish us all a Merry Christmas.

My prayers go out to everybody whois feeling the pain, through the lossof a loved one this year.

Vickie

I would like to add that I'm praying foreveryone on the list and I share in their grief as this will be myfirst christmas without my darling Dad. Christmas may comeand go but it will not be the same for most of us. I will betaking a few momenst every day over the christmas period to rememberthose who have lost loved ones.

RebeccaUK wrote:
...and I share in their grief as this will be myfirst christmas without my darling Dad.

I'm so sorry, RebeccaUK. :sad: I didn't know that.

Thoughts and prayers go out to you during this difficult first Christmas.

-Carolyn

Carolyn, you are so sweet for remembering all of our beloved lost bunnies.

:hug:

Though I didn't know Buck very well, I truly admired him as aperson. He was indeed a very knowledgeable asset to thisforum with very rare intellect. Sadly missed.Forever adored.

That's ok Carolyn - you offered me lots ofsupport at the time we were losing him - you touched my heart withstories of your own father - I'm sure you will be remembering all yourloved and lost ones this Christmas too.

RebeccaUK wrote:
That's ok Carolyn - you offered me lots of support at thetime we were losing him - you touched my heart with stories of your ownfather - I'm sure you will be remembering all your loved and lost onesthis Christmas too.

Yes, I do remember telling you about my father now. I'm sorryit slipped my mind. My heart goes out toyou.

-Carolyn

Sending my thoughts to you all this holiday season.

I think it's been a bad year overall for a lot of people. But I amlooking forward to the holidays because it means a new year is about tobegin and I hope it's better then this one. I don't see it being betterfor mebut we can always hope!

With all of the rush anddistraction oftheholidays,may we all take a few moments from our busy schedule to pause andreflect upon the loved ones we and others have lost during the pastyear. Even though they may be gone from our sight, the memories whichthey have left within each of us will remain a wonderful part of ourlives. I pray for each of you and yours a safe and happy holidayseason.

~JimD & the crew

Bless you Carolyn for remembering everyone who have had losses!

The Holidays are hard when you have lost loved ones. I have lost bothmy Mom and Dad a couple of years apart both passing from Cancer and mydad passed at Christmas time so it is hard. The passing of the yearsdoesn't diminish the pain much just makes it easier to remember thegood times.

I love Christmas but it is Bittersweet for me. Even though I have mygrandchildren now it still isn't the same without Mom and Dad....thememories are sweet and sad at the same time and I wish that they couldbe here to see the excitement of the grandbabies at Christmas!

My heart goes out to all who have lost someone be it peopleor pets. The pain is the same when you really love your pets. You areall in my prayers for peace and joy!

I didn't know Buck but I sure wish I had and feel I do somewhat fromhis posts. He was a true gentleman..one of a kind. I am surehe looks down on all who belong to this forum with great love and bestwishes for all. Rest assured Carolyn he is with you at this Holidayseason and wishing you happiness I am sure.

Latest posts

Back