To the Parents!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitelop

Morgan
Reaction score
My son has a new love for his stuffed lamb. So that means his little solid white lamb is getting dirty, since he drags her everywhere.
The only thing is, the lamb has a music box inside and a wind up key on the back. The music box doesn't come out, so I can't throw her in the washing machine like the others.

So my question is, what is the best way to surface clean the lamb? I've heard put the stuffed animals in salt and shake them so the salt will clean it. I've heard baking soda, baking soda WILL get the smell out but I don't know if it will get the stuff off though!
I WOULD just put it in the washing machine but my son really likes the music that it makes, so I don't want to ruin the box.

What is the best way to clean the stuffed animal with the music box?
And this is the lamb, she's adorable, so I really want her clean!
apeohx.jpg

Thanks guys!

It says surface wash only, because of the music box inside of it.
Usually I don't follow the surface wash only tags and I put the stuffies in the washing machine, in a pillow case. I haven't lost any yet doing it that way, but none of the other ones have a music box.

Thanks for the link Elise! That seems to be the general consensus for cleaning them, but I was curious if anyone else had any other tricks for music box toys.

Yeah, the other thing I read was that some people undid the seam and took the music box out and they washed the toy and put it back in. But I don't know if you want to do that, I mean you would have to sew it back together again which wouldn't be fun. I'll research some more and see what I find. There are quite a few people with the same problem you have. Some of them must have found some good way to do it.

Do you have a carpet cleaner, the kind with a hand attachment? Thats how my mom used to clean my stuffed animals that couldn't just be thrown in the washer. It sprays on water and sucks it out, so the water doesn't penetrate.

Or just surface wash it, get it wet using a rag and it should be fine. Wetting the outside shouldn't affect the music box. Just don't get it soaking wet

Also be aware that putting certain stuffed toys in the dryer can something ruin them(not matter the heat setting). I am 30 now and still remember the day my mom put my fav cat toy into the dryer. It had nice long fur but the dryer turned it into matted fur :(

Thanks! I'll just hand wash it with some mild soap.

I make sure that I don't put anything with fur in the dryer. It always gives them an afro. I use cold water when I wash so no worries there. But if it has some sort of fur, I make sure I hang it up to dry.

You could mix some water with baking soda to make a paste and then using a wash cloth wipe the paste on. The paste will dry very quickly and be just like baking soda. You could shake or use your vacuum hose to make sure you get all of the baking soda off.

Baking soda cleans well, will not harm it and will absorb any odors and it's safe for AJ.

Latest posts

Back