To all members who have family and friends affected by Hurricane Katrina

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ariel

Reaction score

As I sit safely here in my home in Australia it's just before 1am onwednesday morning and I am just shocked at the pictures I am seeing ofthe aftermath of hurricane Katrina.

I seen lastnight on the news here that the hurricane wasstarting to hit and now as you all face day one after the hurricane allI can say is I truly hope your families and friends are safe.

I am listening and watching on pay tv here (Fox news) and it's theAmerican channel so what I am seeing is pretty much what you are seeingas well.

I just want to say I wish you all the best and I truly hope all of you and your loved ones are safe.

My thoughts are with you all, I know you Yanks are strongpeople, but hey, you can always do with morestrength being sent your way in the shape of positive thoughts andprayers which is what I am doing for you now.

Thanks for posting this, Ariel. Haveyou seen CNN? There are a few video clips. They saythere are bodies floating in the water in New Orleans.

Everybody, please pray for these people. The nightmare is far from over.

Laura

Laura, I haven't seen CNN, over here on our pay tv ( you guys callcable) we get Fox News 24hrs a day, and we get Sky News for OZ, the UKand New Zealand all in the one channel 24 hrs a day, and we get th BBCWorld news channel also.

As far as American channels we only get Fox, but in saying that on Skynews they do use footage from lots of stations overseas and they havean hour for CBS news at several times during the day and night etc.

It sounds and looks like it'll take a LOT of work and time to clear andrebuild, but your country WILL clear and rebuild, it's amazing what thehuman spirit and will can do when it's most needed.

Laura wrote:
Thanks for posting this, Ariel. Have you seenCNN? There are a few video clips. They say thereare bodies floating in the water in New Orleans.

Everybody, please pray for these people. The nightmare is far from over.

Laura
One of the biggest issues is that they are below sea-level andtherefore are not able to bury their dead. The hurricane has wreckedhavok on the cementaries and the released remains are extremely toxicand contaminating everything :?

I was watching CNN and when i saw the scenesfrom katrinai thought "i hope everyone from rabbits only isok!!" so i'm glad this topic has been started. My prayers are witheveryone effected.:pray: From the pictures it looked awful, the waterwas so high!:shock:

Luckily, New Orleans issued a mandatoryevacuation before Katrina hit.It could have beeneven worse than it is. They can't release a death toll yet,but it's expected to beahigh number.

:pray: :rose: :pray:

In my thoughts and prayers.

-Carolyn

I know I saw this late be we have been prayingfor all of the people down their that have been affected by thisKatrina. It is raining really bad now here in pgh and the sirens havebeen going off for the last 2 days as well. We are under flood warningand watch until 8:30pm tomorrow. At least we live on the higher ground.The only thing that gets flooded at our apt is the basement.

my dad is in gulfportmississippi ..... we finallygot word last nite around 130am that he is alive but veryworried. he is stuck in his house, which is flooded alongwith an 80 year old woman and 2 children who had no where else togo. he said they have no food or water due to hishouse being flooded, and then his cell phone died. he hadtried and tried and was by the grace of god luckly able to get hisphone to work just that once to let us know he madeit.

i feel so bad for all the families who are down there and who have losteverything. i cant imagine how it must be for them. if icould go down there and do something i would.

Latest posts

Back